Notices
All Things Apple The Teamspeed Genius Bar!
Enter here to discuss your Apple products including iPhone, iPod, MacBooks and more!

Trapster App available for iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 11:39 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Trapster App available for iPhone

Trapster.com is a website that I glanced at a few times and I saw some potential in it. Here is the description of Trapster, straight from the source:

“Trapster users share the location of police speed traps by a simply clicking their mobile phones. The system uses the phone’s GPS capabilities and the Internet to instantly alert other users as they approach the reported trap.”

With the new iPhone release, I knew it was just a matter of time until Trapster will be available for it, and more important, it’s FREE. For those of you that dislike the iPhone(yes, I know there are many of you out there), the Trapster mobile app is available on navigation devices like Garmin, TomTom, and Dash Express and other cell phones, including Blackberry, Nokia s60 and n95, Windows Mobile, and other Java/J2ME devices.

I know this is a little off topic, but I thought I would share a little tip/trick with you, since I know that those M3s are flying daily on the highways. I haven’t tested the application myself yet, but I plan on doing that this weekend and post a follow up.
From BMWBlog

Old 10-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
WARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond reputeWARDHOG has a reputation beyond repute
I've had it off and on. It would crash my iphone hard when it was selected then I removed it completely and reinstalled it back to the phone. Was having same problem so, I removed it for awhile and I guess the good folks at Trapster.com listened to the previews and solved the problem with the recent new upgrade. I reinstalled it again with the new up grade and it's been fine ever since then. Now all I need to do is order an iphone cradle off their site and I'll be able to actually use it.