Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Roof transport system. Allowing your 991 to be the minivan it always wanted to be.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
nmurray22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Roof transport system. Allowing your 991 to be the minivan it always wanted to be.

My 991 is my only car so it is pressed into doing everything. Strangely 911 turns out to be a great all-rounder because of those silly back seats. They do have their limits however and that is why I got the roof transport system. It takes about 5 minutes to attach or detach with the included torque drive.

Here are some photos of the racks in action with the kayaks holders. I have a bike rack and ski/snow board rack as well so more photos coming of those.

I put the kayaks on this morning and drove up to the lake. Draw a bit of attention… seemed every other car on the highway was taking photos of us. Someone even sent me a photo of us that someone else had taken on the highway they had seen posted on FB. That was only an hour after I put them on the car.

Attached Images     
Old 08-04-2013, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
A1ExoticsMagazine is an unknown quantity at this point
That's awesome! LOL at the kayaks! 991 can handle anything!

Old 08-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
bprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished road
very cool!

Old 08-04-2013, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
I know it all a matter of taste, but IMO the roof racks do not belong on a 911. If you can afford a 911, rather then get a second car for going carry your out door gear.

But ultimately its your choice.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome..... Porsche - engineered to be your everyday sports car!

Old 08-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Love it, reminds me of these

Attached Images   
Old 08-13-2013, 03:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
love the rack on 991, when i got my 991 they didn't have the rack out yet... the new design is awesome however... love the hidden hardware and flap.

roof racks are awesome, wish i had a kayak

Old 08-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
I personally love the transport system, really shows how versatile the car can be. Great looking car Murray!!