Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

A visit to Zuffenhausen...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
great write up

Old 04-25-2013, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Alin:

I have started a thread over at the Audi forum. I will post more info on my visit when I have more time! It was memorable...

https://teamspeed.com/forums/perform...eckarsulm.html

Saludos,
Eduardo

Attached Images   
Old 04-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Striker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond repute
Nice write up.. I am pissed off now, they didn't take me to the Archive room haha.. I just did my factory tour on the 9th.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
thanks for sharing !

Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM
T4B
Teamspeed Junior Member
T4B is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
please MOAR ... love this write up

Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Paint...

Porsche's Paint Facility at Zuffenhausen

Porsche's paint facility is tucked behind Werk I on Schweiberdinger (photo 1). A series of bridges high overhead transports painted chassis to the assembly plant! (photos 2, 3 & 4). If you look on the other side, behind the Porsche owned dealership called 'Porsche Niederlassung Stuttgart'), you can actually see where theses painted chassis are coming from! The paint facility is way in the back and uses other Porsche buildings as support columns to allow the rolling line of painted chassis to make it all the way to Werk II and the assembly lines! (Photos 5 -10).

I don't remember seeing the older paint facility in 1981. And this newer paint plant has never been shown to the public during the normal factory tours. But it's a very interesting layout, to say the least! However, I have no idea how the unpainted chassis get to the paint department!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in Regensburg, Germany

Attached Images           
Old 05-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
re: Ferrari

Let me interrupt my posts on my visit to Porsche in Zuffenhausen last week with this report on the special visit to Ferrari on Monday, April 29th!

For the first time ever I had the opportunity to tour the Ferrari factory at Maranello! This is my second visit to this small town just outside Modena. The first visit was in 2007. At that time we did managed to have limited inside the gates of Ferrari and get near the Fiorano track. We were attending a RM Auction of Ferrari autos & memorabilia held near the Racing Department! We were then able to see several Ferrari's at speed on the track...but that was about it!

This year a friend who is well connected at Ferrari (he is a former F dealer in San Francisco) was able to obtain an official factory tour for 8 of us on this 'Guys Only Car Tour' (which consist of 24 'guys'). Two thirds of our small group of 8 own Ferraris. But a few of us did not. And that is what makes my inclusion on this Ferrari factory tour so 'unique'. Access to the Ferrari factory is probably the most difficult, and coveted, ticket to get in the automotive world! Factory tours are very limited and mostly reserved for owners that can demonstrate Ferrari ownership - including a registered Vin # & copy of their current registration! It is rather Off Topic, but if the moderators permit me, I will briefly write more about my visits to Ferrari Maranello, Audi (R8) Neckarsulm, Audi Museum Ingolstadt, BMW Regensberg, Hangar 7 Salzburg, Porsche Automuseum Gmund, Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari, the Panini Maserati Museum at/near Modena and the Autodromo Nazionale Monza (near) Milan in future postings on this 'Visit to Zuffenhausen' thread that I started a week or so ago!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Malpensa Airport, Milan

Attached Images      
Old 05-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
bprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished road
Excellent pics and trip! I hope to make a similar trip in the fall.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic! Looking forward to more details on everything!

Quick Reply: A visit to Zuffenhausen...