Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

2014 Porsche 911 Targa 4 Spotted Cold-Weather Testing

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:24 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post 2014 Porsche 911 Targa 4 Spotted Cold-Weather Testing

Name:  porsche targa 1.jpg
Views: 4577
Size:  179.6 KB

2014 Porsche 911 Targa 4 Spotted Cold-Weather Testing
Fancy a little retro? Porsche has the 991 model for you.

Porsche has started testing the upcoming 911 Targa in the cold climate of northern Scandinavia and our spy photographers were lucky to get a glimpse of the car close up with its removable center roof section. Don’t be fooled by the cabrio-like look of the car – closer examination makes clear that the rollover bar is there and the tiny rear side window is just a smart fake.

While we can't be 100% certain, but with it's wide-body and taped up rear light strip, we tend to feel these Targa mules are in fact Targa 4's. One thing that we can pretty much guarantee is the power-plant and all other internals will carry over from the current model line-up.

The 911 Targa should be revealed at this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show and start selling shortly thereafter.

Name:  porsche targa 3.jpg
Views: 3927
Size:  167.0 KB

Name:  Porsche 911 Targa 005.jpg
Views: 4573
Size:  223.2 KB

Name:  Porsche 911 Targa 004.jpg
Views: 3340
Size:  258.3 KB

Name:  Porsche 911 Targa 003.jpg
Views: 3233
Size:  240.6 KB

Old 03-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Member
RickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond repute
Will we also see RWD Targa models?

As Porsche's gone back to a classic, removable (I suppose?) targa top - think convertible, I see more people using the Targa just as a summer car, and in that case it would be stupid in my opinion to offer it as a Targa 4(S) only.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:30 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
@Ricky - RWD models would make sense and maybe the C4 body is just a mule....but we can only go by what we have seen so far.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
i'm curious where exactly does the roof pieces go?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GS997S is an unknown quantity at this point
"Porsche has started testing the upcoming 911 Targa in the cold climate of northern Scandinavia and our spy photographers were lucky to get a glimpse of the car close up with its cleverly hidden retractable center roof section."

That roof looks more like a removable roof than retractable.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by RickyZone
Will we also see RWD Targa models?

As Porsche's gone back to a classic, removable (I suppose?) targa top - think convertible, I see more people using the Targa just as a summer car, and in that case it would be stupid in my opinion to offer it as a Targa 4(S) only.
The 997 Targa was available only as a 4 or 4S; however, earlier models were offered as either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive. To my knowledge, Porsche has not commented on which drivetrains the 991 Targa will come in.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:32 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by The Yank
i'm curious where exactly does the roof pieces go?
Would be interesting if it was a light-weight carbon fold-up application like the Aventador roadster!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Nicoli is an unknown quantity at this point
its gonna be awesome

Old 03-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting that this car retains the tonneau cover of the Cabriolet it is based on. The previous Targa was Cab based, but it did not have the cover. It really doesn't appear to be camo either, so I wonder if it will come in to play with the design of the roof at all. If it is indeed retractable, either the driver will have no rear visibility, or no rear seats. I'm really interested to see how they do it, the car looks fantastic. Also, notice the new all LED headlights from the GT3 now on a base 991 model, they'll probably extend across the range.

Great shots as usual DJ!

Old 03-15-2013, 10:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
That car, with a slant nose and whale tail

Quick Reply: 2014 Porsche 911 Targa 4 Spotted Cold-Weather Testing