Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

GTS to 599??? Help Me Take Emotion out of it...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Fester is an unknown quantity at this point
I understand you've made up your mind...but think again about 991S or 4S. In sport plus mode these cars are absolute monsters!

Old 12-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
I'd would say the 599 would be a wise chose over a porsche. Far more exclusive.

Now I could be wrong but I've been told that in order to purchase a ferrari you need to have owned on in the past. Or did that only relate to the Enzo?
Exactly...a Ferrari is always more exclusive than a normal 911/991.

Nevertheless, the one shown in link there seems to be completely overpriced - or?

PS: 599..OK...but compared to your GTS it will like a panamera..drive it first. If youre more a sportscar fan, then better get a 458..

Old 12-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
=jumping_horse;1407261 PS: 599..OK...but compared to your GTS it will like a panamera..drive it first. If youre more a sportscar fan, then better get a 458..
I strongly disagree a 599 feels like a Panamera, who are you kidding.. the 458 is a great car but the 599 separates the men from the boys and the 599 GTO separates the men for the G-DS LOL

Old 12-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
You're afraid that you'll miss your Panamera if you trade it in for a Ferrari 599? Boy you'll be surprised once you get behind the wheel of one; I'm sure you'll forget about your Porsche in a second!

Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Passed on that one. Too many small things that didn't feel comfortable with. Plus BW seems like its back in the business of hitting the lotto with it's trade offers. Even if I wanted that car, they would make it difficult. They offered about $10k less than almost every other trade offer that I've received.

And it's MAROON. Too many Aggie fans around here would think I'm one of them.
Well said. Pony Up.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
You're afraid that you'll miss your Panamera if you trade it in for a Ferrari 599? Boy you'll be surprised once you get behind the wheel of one; I'm sure you'll forget about your Porsche in a second!
No he was making a comparison of a Panamera to a 599, the OP has a 997 GTS and is getting rid of it for a 599, the responder told him the 599 would feel like a Panamera compared to the 997 GTS, this person obviously has no clue of what he is talking about.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
GS997S is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Only issues I'm dealing with now are:

* Payments go up to the edge of my comfort zone
* OUT OF WARRANTY - Even though current Ferrari generations are much more 'reliable' and can be driven regularly...it's still out of warranty for a 07/08
* It's a classic Ferrari V12 GT...fits within that legacy of car.
* Did I mention the warranty thing???
* 4 years left of payments in this GTS...would be extending payments a few years with the 599.
* 599s have already taken hard depreciation hits with F12 launched, so I'm not as concerned with losing too much $$$ on a 599.

But I find myself absolutely hooked to getting one....so help me out in removing the emotional items and tell me what you think about this type of move. Or, go ahead and tell me that the emotion (for the Porsche or the Ferrari) is absolutely required here.

I look forward to the wisdom of the group given me some direction.
If I was having to make payments on either, but especially the Ferrari, I wouldn't have either. Do people actually finance a Ferrari?

Old 12-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GS997S
If I was having to make payments on either, but especially the Ferrari, I wouldn't have either. Do people actually finance a Ferrari?
Yes, why would a ferrari be any different than any other car?

Old 12-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scott Davis
Yes, why would a ferrari be any different than any other car?
I guess a common misconception is that Ferrari buyers all purchase their cars with cash since they're so rich they can buy a Ferrari. A Lamborghini owner I know is paying off his car, lol.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
I guess a common misconception is that Ferrari buyers all purchase their cars with cash since they're so rich they can buy a Ferrari. A Lamborghini owner I know is paying off his car, lol.
Why do people think things like that? Most people they view as wealthy are making payments on everything they own. My best friend is a financial advisor and tells me regularly he can believe the "rich" people he meets. Basically living paycheck to paycheck on a millionaire check.

Not that there aren't responsible people out there who can just pay for it, but I bet most are financed

Quick Reply: GTS to 599??? Help Me Take Emotion out of it...