Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

TechArt 991 S in dark blue metallic by SharkWerks

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Talking TechArt 991 S in dark blue metallic by SharkWerks

This dark blue metallic 2012 991 Carrera S came into us for a few tasty TechArt bites. On the menu was the aggressive Type II wear Wing, the Type 1 Front spoiler, side skirts and rear diffusor.

In she comes, the color looks a lot like midnight blue on the 996 of old:

Nicely optioned interior with some "extra" options!

Most of the TechArt goodies ready and paint-matched awaiting installation:

The stock rear wing starts to get taken apart:

And wing assembly begins:

Also to the lower rear end now, the Type 1 TechArt rear diffusor is installed:

The lower of three pieces is assembled for the front Type 1 spoiler kit:

The finished front end now much more aggressive and more ducting to the brakes:

The two-piece TechArt side skirts give any narrow body a more aggressive look:

The subtle TechArt mirror trims are also installed:

And now ready to go home (until next time!):

That tale:

The side skirts:

Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Awesome...perfect color combo!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Needs wheels. But I guess I don't have the balls to order dark blue with cocoa interior. I wouldn't have dreamed of that. Gotta be ugly. Post more pics?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
What a beautiful color combo, i like the subtle changes to the car, i do agree though, wheels would have finished this product.....or maybe a sharky exhaust

Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Wheels, exhaust and lowered. Maybe Santa is bringing them. Just don't get any Tech Art ( Boulders) for wheels. Get a light forged wheel.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Grolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Your the first person out of many I have ever seen or heard post a negative reply on the color combo let alone anything negative at all. The Interior is actually Espresso. Glad you won't be the judge at the next concours. have a good day Mr Cole...

Old 12-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
Awesome...perfect color combo!
Thanks mate!
Originally Posted by GTCole
Needs wheels. But I guess I don't have the balls to order dark blue with cocoa interior. I wouldn't have dreamed of that. Gotta be ugly. Post more pics?
Actually if anyone's to blame it's my lack of photo skillz It's seriously elegant in person. My pictures probably suck is all!
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
What a beautiful color combo, i like the subtle changes to the car, i do agree though, wheels would have finished this product.....or maybe a sharky exhaust
Sharky exhaust... could be in the pipeline indeed For wheels I'd need to do something different I think. Not the usual stuff
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Wheels, exhaust and lowered. Maybe Santa is bringing them. Just don't get any Tech Art ( Boulders) for wheels. Get a light forged wheel.
Wheels could be a possibility. Maybe the BBS F1s?

Originally Posted by Grolan
Your the first person out of many I have ever seen or heard post a negative reply on the color combo let alone anything negative at all. The Interior is actually Espresso. Glad you won't be the judge at the next concours. have a good day Mr Cole...
Well I love it and maybe it's just my pictures Plus the onwer is super-cool, enthusiastic and naughty So he's a good egg in my book.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to see it in better pics. I remember thinking that silver with brown interior had to be ugly until I saw it in person. Not so bad. I just don't have a good picture of this color combo.
Sorry you got butt hurt Grolan.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Grolan is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Hurt?

No, not hurt at all, when I joined this site I thought it was all about people chatting with others about their enthusiasm for cars and helping each other out. I didn't expect any dumb shit remarks as I've seen nothing but class on this site. I guess I should have know you were a bit goofy in the head since you made such a strong comment then to make another comment that you wanted to see more pics....lololol...duhh!!!, um ok...I guess your the guy that goes to mommy's house and says ewwwww mom your food looks and smells terrible!....then you get a plate and ask for something to eat a minute later......omg!...hahahaha..thanks for making me laugh this morning!....

Old 12-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Seriously butt hurt.

Post pics if you can Alex for my posing wannabe self.

Quick Reply: TechArt 991 S in dark blue metallic by SharkWerks