Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

CAR Magazine compares the new 911 to it's sibling from 1965

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:31 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow CAR Magazine compares the new 911 to it's sibling from 1965

Name:  care4.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  72.8 KB

CAR Magazine compares the new 911 to it's sibling from 1965

CAR Magazine turns 50 this year, and to celebrate their half-century, they are counting down their favorite 50 cars from the past five decades. So is the rich history, and original character of the 2.0 liter flat-6 911 from 1965, with only 130hp, apparent at all in the modern day interpretation? The new 911 is twice as fast, but is it twice the car?

Chris Chilton takes on the Furka Pass in the video below, looking into the historic 911 lineage, comparing the 48-year-old 911 to today's 911 to find out.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!koizu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Amazing video!

'65 911 still looks great!

Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura aboutAlexscud has a spectacular aura about
great !!

Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Nicoli is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup yup yup! Great stuff

Last edited by Nicoli; 11-01-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting DJ.
I love his closing remark... "That's why of all the cars we've driven in the past 50 years of Car magazine, when we open or garage doors in the morning there's only one car we really, really want to see there.... It's e 911."

Old 11-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
If you needed a DD that was only for you and maybe 1 more adult, the 991S is the perfect DD for around 100k. It has the best balance of comfort, refinement, and sportiness.
For me I need a DD that I can take my 2 boys along in comfort, the 991 would be pushing it.
Until the 991TT comes out, this is the best DD for someone taking few to no passengers.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Hahahahahahahahaha.....they drove these cars on the same roads that I drove on a month ago! Furka Pass in Switzerland I believe. It really was a fun road!

Look familiar?

Old 11-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
So true about being the only car I want to see in my garage