Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

New 991 Carrera S lease?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 07C2SCab
Got a quote from a dealer on a new 2012 C2S Cab in PDK which stickered at 132k for 2100/mo for 24 months at 5k/yr. My NYS taxes and fees in the payment incl BF. Same car in 2013 MY would be 2300/mo. Waiting til Sep/Oct to see if Porsche comes out with a aggressive lease program on their sport cars (991) as they have in the past.
not sure when you got the quote but residuals are identical for 2012 and 2013 S Cabs. 2ndly, Porsche vowed LONG ago they do not ever want to repeat the incentive business as they had to back in 2009. As such, waiting for 'aggressive lease deals' would be highly not recommended. Instead, they'll just import FEWER allocations to dealers. supply/demand problem solved.

Keep watching inventories of new 991s.

Look what they've done with the Cayenne? Cayenne's (every model except the hybrid) are selling like hot cakes. Even Panamera's aren't sitting around (excluding the Turbo) much- but Porsche is also not allocating many to the US.

Huge huge dealerships such as Auto Gallery, Champion, and BH are attempting to buy every ones inventory b/c they know they'll run out of cars to sell at their current volume.

The only thing I see Porsche releasing would be a 'conquest' program, meaning, have a competitor sports car, they might pay X amount of the remaining lease.

But that's a huge guess. 991 sales are very steady.

Waiting for the lease to come down could be a very long proposition.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I know somebody leasing a brand new 991 (MSRP was about $120,000) for $10,000 due at signing and $2,000 a month

Old 08-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
07C2SCab is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
not sure when you got the quote but residuals are identical for 2012 and 2013 S Cabs. 2ndly, Porsche vowed LONG ago they do not ever want to repeat the incentive business as they had to back in 2009. As such, waiting for 'aggressive lease deals' would be highly not recommended. Instead, they'll just import FEWER allocations to dealers. supply/demand problem solved.

Keep watching inventories of new 991s.

Look what they've done with the Cayenne? Cayenne's (every model except the hybrid) are selling like hot cakes. Even Panamera's aren't sitting around (excluding the Turbo) much- but Porsche is also not allocating many to the US.

Huge huge dealerships such as Auto Gallery, Champion, and BH are attempting to buy every ones inventory b/c they know they'll run out of cars to sell at their current volume.

The only thing I see Porsche releasing would be a 'conquest' program, meaning, have a competitor sports car, they might pay X amount of the remaining lease.

But that's a huge guess. 991 sales are very steady.

Waiting for the lease to come down could be a very long proposition.
I know that the residuals are the same for MY 2012 and 2013 991 C2S Cabs, dealers are giving more off on 2012 cars, thus a lower monthly lease payment. The lease quotes that I got were for the month of August.
Porsche gave huge incentives in Sept 2010 when I got my car bc the lease payment was LOWER for a 24 month lease vs a 36 month. A regional manager told my dealer that Porsche had a very difficult time moving the 997 from dealer lots, thus offered inflated residuals and a lower MF.
I have spoken to a few dealers that are having a hard time moving the 991 due to some reason or another and they are hoping that Porsche will come out with a lease program to move the sports car line.
I will wait to see if Sept or Oct will be favorable to me as it has in the past years of me getting into a new 911.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Agree with that. I use leases as a business write off, but also I dont keep them very long. I usually get out of my cars at 8 to 18 months and when I trade it back in I am usually only negative by a few grand. But if I financed instead then I lose the extra 15k in CA taxes on top of the negative equity.
So for some (like me) it makes more sense to lease.
Either way we are losing money on these cars, but its a price I am willing to pay. Thats why I work hard to make the money.
Exactly right!!

if you own a business it makes no sense to buy new!

Tom