Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

2 Porsche 911 car rental - help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
oniL is on a distinguished roadoniL is on a distinguished roadoniL is on a distinguished roadoniL is on a distinguished roadoniL is on a distinguished road
2 Porsche 911 car rental - help needed

Hello everyone.

Me and my friends are looking for 2 Porsche 911 for a road trip.
I have been searching for ages for campany that will let us take 2 911 for six days ( we are over 30 ).

I checked with "Avis" , "Sixt" , "Turtle Rent" and "Hertz" unfortunately with no success.
Some problems with the availability of the cars, some companies
don't have Porsches anymore etc.

We are looking to rent the cars from Munich Germany,
and the trip is about to take place in September.
I just can not believe how hard it is to rent a Porsche in Germany.

We wanted a 991, but we don't have any problem to get a 997 also. if not, we will get a Boxster.

I would like to hear from you about other companies that may help us.

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Not specifically helpful but Hertz has just announced that it is renting Panameras in certain cities in the US.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:30 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
shine is an unknown quantity at this point
I've rented from Avis. Check out the Prestige Collection at Avis.de.

It may be that the cars are reserved by some tour groups. Autobahn Adventures rents from Avis and has some trips in September. They may have all the cars reserved.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!JustMe You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Old 08-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Depending on what you're willing to spend, you could also try:

AV PRESTIGE CARS - luxury car rental europe

Old 08-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
oniL is on a distinguished roadoniL is on a distinguished roadoniL is on a distinguished roadoniL is on a distinguished roadoniL is on a distinguished road
First of all, thank you all.

I'll add some details so it will be easier for you to help me.
The trip is about 2200 kilometers.
We allready found a 911 at "Avis", it was something like 1380 Euro with 1200 kilometers ( 200 per day ).
We didn't have any problem to pay the additional 1000 kilometers for
any additional kilometer costs 1 Euro.
Unfortunately, we just received mail from "Avis" that the cars are not
available in September.

We are looking for Carrera S ( 991 / 997 ). 911 turbo or GT3RS will cost
too much.

From a glimpse, it seems like the sites you guys added might help us.
I didn't have time to check it, but I will get to it today.
Any more info will be highly appreciated.
Thanks again!

Old 08-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
9911 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Avis station in Munich, Nymphenburgerstrasse, has 3 991 convertibles parked in front of their office (I think 2x black, 1 x agate). I know it because I drive by this station every day twice. I would refer to these 3 cars in case they tell you that no cars are available

Old 08-17-2012, 09:25 AM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
x2 on Avis. Try Sixt again, I was offered a 991 while I was in Germany last time.

Also, I don't know what credit card you carry, but I'm guessing if you're looking at a 991 rental, you've got a solid concierge service available that will definitely handle it for you.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:00 AM
Nan
Teamspeed Member
Nan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enoughNan will become famous soon enough
Back in 2006 I rented a '06 Carrera S @ Avis in Stuttgart. Drove from Stuttgart to Munich to Berlin; definitely bucket list stuff. Call around, it is expensive but definitely very memorable; 274km/h legally on the Autobahn.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Former Sponsor
Cahuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick Reply: 2 Porsche 911 car rental - help needed