Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Modulare B18 19" on 2011 GTS - Centerlock Application

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Modulare B18 19" on 2011 GTS - Centerlock Application

A few of you might remember that one of the few things that I didn't like about my GTS was the fact that the wheels sat too far inside, and the center locks eliminated the potential for spacers to alleviate the problem. Well, I finally decided to buck up and simply replace the wheels, particularly once my Assistant Owner (wife - old A-Rod joke) gave her stamp of approval.

My intentions were to reduce offset by 15+mm in rear and 5-7mm in the front (pushing the wheels out). After a lot of emails, inquiries and assistance from various forum partners, I decided to go with Peter Lee at Wheel Experts for a set of Modulare B18s. I haven't seen a single instance where these wheels didn't look freakin perfect. The Dallas Porsche dealerships also always have some good examples of Modulares on dealer cars and every one has looked great, from 911s to Panameras to Cayennes. I wanted a relatively OEM look, but with a special touch, and the B18s in Anthracite did the trick for my Platinum Silver GTS.

I also wanted to maintain factory wheel sizes, just different offsets. So, these wheels are 8.5x19 ET39 and 11x19 ET35. This equates to 17mm reduced offset in front and rear, so the fronts are REALLY aggressive, but it was needed due to engineering tolerances. And I tell you what...it looks STRONG. I chose an Anthracite painted finish to maintain a contrast between the light colored exterior while not 'hiding' the shape of the wheel with another all-black application. An added bonus is that the color nearly matches the factory center lock nut, so it really looks clean.

I know a few will say my car needs a drop, and I'm considering it. But my driveway has an aggressive entrance which I already scrape now and then, so we'll see.

Hopefully better pics to come, but these are what I could get with my new phone for now. I need to take better pics and find an image hosting service that will give me links for the full resolution, not these smaller images.

Many thanks to Peter at Wheel Experts for his fantastic service during this process from the ordering, updates and delivery to the dealership. I'd also like to thank Isaac and John at Boardwalk Porsche for their excellent service with the installation of the new wheels and rear tires (the originals were shot).

From my perspective, I just bought a brand new car for only the price of the wheels. There was actually a crowd of customers gathering around my car after it was complete and in the service bay....and I ate it up.

Now the OEM Spyders are going to be cleaned up, packaged and put on eBay, Marketplace or sit in the attic for a while...

Old 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
Those look great!!

Old 07-14-2012, 02:47 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great, but you are right - it needs a drop

Old 07-14-2012, 03:49 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
looking good!!

Old 07-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
Great wheels, looks great.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
phunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor
Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Looks GREAT Will - thanks again for giving us a shot!!!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Modulare Wheels You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
When my photographer gets back in town next week, I'd like to set up a pro shoot if thats OK?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
F1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enough
I don't think they suit the car, but then I'm not the owner so it doesn't matter much :P

Lovely car itself though.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
But of course! Just give me a call sometime and we can set something up.

Sent from my HTC One X using teamspeed

Quick Reply: Modulare B18 19" on 2011 GTS - Centerlock Application