Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

New Wheels for the 991......... (update, my math was right! (991 is Wider))

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the roughrijowysock is a jewel in the rough
New Wheels for the 991......... (update, my math was right! (991 is Wider))

just need tires and sensors now!

as far as the 991, my previous thread: PDK woes (991 Specific) - Rennlist Discussion Forums

since then i have added suspension and exhaust to the vehicle and luckily the car has a better feel so far, the stock suspension is just so light and lexus like that it was giving the car an odd feeling to me, but the car takes very well to stiffer suspension and opening the exhaust up really gives you a nice midrange boost.

and my math was right, the 991 (RWD) has the same stance as the 997 (AWD) Widebody model..

everything I checked showed me an additional 15mm of room outwards from hub versus 997/997.2 (i assumed this was from the hub being inward because of new rear suspension layout, BUT the inside measurements are around the same as well..)

so this being said, the 991 carries almost the same stance as the 997 AWD models with the wider body... which means for wheels we can run previous model Turbo/AWD setups if desired and will fit.

my measurements yielded me to get "997 Widebody fitment" wheels for the 991...

Test fitting today using my handy dandy Pelican Case to support the weight, shows that I was correct in my fitment... (with full load the wheel will be a little higher and somewhat in more)

that is a 12" wheel +48 offset (generally would run 12" +70 on the narrow body 997)

-Riley

Old 06-21-2012, 06:22 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
siiiiick!!!

huge congrats man!

and thanks for the info on the with of the 991 and which offset can be run

Old 06-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to see it with the tires mounted up. The mock-up looks great!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayb289 is on a distinguished roadjayb289 is on a distinguished roadjayb289 is on a distinguished road
this is gonna be good...............

Old 06-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
lip should never go out of style, looks badass. well done

Old 06-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Brandon You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm anxious to see the final product...

Old 06-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond repute
Words can't describe how much I lust for your Porsche. Can't wait to see it all finished

Old 06-21-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Atta boy Riles, love your contributions man. I predict this will look sick.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that looks fantastic!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
brianja is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like you nailed the offsets. Nice work! Any concerns with rubbing since you've also (I assume) lowered the car with the suspension work?

Test fit looks good so far. Can't wait to see them mounted up with tires!

Quick Reply: New Wheels for the 991......... (update, my math was right! (991 is Wider))