Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Avant Garde Ruger Mesh like you haven't seen before...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
joelpirela is an unknown quantity at this point
Avant Garde Ruger Mesh like you haven't seen before...

Important disclaimer: I know I need to drop the car!

First, I need to take a moment to thank Matt at Campioni for the absolutely top customer service, responding my emails on a sunday at 10:00 PM and keeping me posted on the progress at all times, besides giving me an amazing deal on these wheels.
With the ultra low price, I was able to "splurge" into getting a true custom powder coat finish to get exactly what I wanted. The quality of the wheels is amazing. I had to take them to a ferrari dealership, so they could mount them and balance them and they swore they were HRE p40's (LOL!)
I love how the 7 group of spokes go all the way to the edge of the rim, to make the illusion the wheel is bigger than 19". Cleaning them is ultra easy as brake dust just slide off from the finish. The opening of the spokes is wide enough to show off your caliper/disc set up. I can imagine how good these wheels would look with somebody with 6 piston calipers!

I really like the charcoal/anthracite satin finish. At first, I ordered the matte, textured charcoal but the wheels were delivered satin finish instead. Boy, I am happy. After seeing first hand the texture finish, I don't think it's for me. The satin finish is a breeze to keep clean and the color actually changes depending on the angle of the light and the time of the day as seen in the pictures. Originally had my car on painted lobsters for a total murdered out look but I was looking for some contrast and it's amazing how well the charcoal wheels go with a black car.

My tire set up is nitto invos, 235 fronts and 305 backs. I will love to see if I can go for 245 fronts in the future...

Please enjoy the pictures

Old 04-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
So the wheels are not the HRE P40 ?? What wheel brand is it then? Because they do look identical (IMO).

Also very nice car, needs a............

Old 04-19-2012, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Nice wheels!

I like the details on your car; the yellow calipers and the "P O R S C H E" instead of Carrera.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thanks guys! The Wheels are Avant Garde Ruger Mesh. I got the from Campioni Wheels. Ultra affordable.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:17 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
looks great!!

but did you lift the car in any way?Looks higher than stock,..

Old 04-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
nope, it's the angle of the pics... suspension is actually new, since prior owner had coilovers and removed to put the original suspension that had 13 miles...