Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

First Drive: Porsche 911 Cabriolet 7-Speed Manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhhhh, YES! Perfection when it's topless...Nice write up!

Old 03-31-2012, 04:18 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
I think Kyle's got a valid point...this should all be standard these days no?
Just as well as some simple floor mats

Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Nice. My wife's hits the port today or tomorrow. Hopefully my house before the weekend.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Heckmotor is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Price
£558 is more than it cost to buy the phone your connecting to it! A stupid expense.. And yes, as DJ said this is supposed to be the next generation 911, bluetooth should be standard.
I couldn't agree more.
I live in Texas and have just placed my order for a 991 Coupe (non-S). I've been following this thread and ran a compare between Porsche's UK and US Car Configurators. The results were really surprising:
The following is standard in the US but not in the UK:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Cruise Control
- Home Link System
- Top Tinted Windscreen
- Bluetooth hands-free Mobile Phone Connection
(The price for an integrated Telephone Module is US$265)

PCM with Navigation Module for is free (not sure about this in the UK)
The price of my new 991 (Carrara white/beige) with PDK, PASM, Sport Chrono, Sport Seats Plus, SportDesign steering wheel, and Wheel center caps with colored Porsche Crest came to just under US$94,000. I feel VERY fortunate!!

Old 04-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
It's just a guess, but perhaps these pricey options subsidize the completely bare base car to what it is. Like getting an ~$800 phone for $200, and paying $50+ for service, except less exaggerated in proportion

Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
bunnn is on a distinguished roadbunnn is on a distinguished roadbunnn is on a distinguished road
I want to know how the new and stupid electronic handbrake is going to affect all the 7-speed manual cars in the future. Porsche does realize what handbrakes are used for right? ..You know, HANDbrakes, not the ones where you pull with your finger?

Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
M5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enoughM5_2010 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bunnn
I want to know how the new and stupid electronic handbrake is going to affect all the 7-speed manual cars in the future. Porsche does realize what handbrakes are used for right? ..You know, HANDbrakes, not the ones where you pull with your finger?
I have them on my Outback and they work great..... Easier to use than on my Targa 4S.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
bunnn is on a distinguished roadbunnn is on a distinguished roadbunnn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by M5_2010
I have them on my Outback and they work great..... Easier to use than on my Targa 4S.
How well does it work on a steep incline?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
Still looks like it has a massive pooper.