Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Silver Porsche 991 on HRE P43SC Conical in Brushed

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
damn...you can`t even PM them yet,right?

Well..I`m sure they`ll respond soon!

Last edited by ECB; 03-20-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by HRE_Lon
Another beautiful Porsche 991 on a set of all-new P43SC Conical.

This one comes from Toyz Autoart in Canada
Montreal represent

Old 03-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Badandy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Guest
Really; it's just another "me too" modern car now. It's a disgusting luxobarge that does nothing for the brand's heritage. Read the new issue of Evo.
What a joke. I've driven it and I can tell you it doesn't drive like a "luxobarge". Not only that, the dimensions are hardly bigger at all.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Badandy
What a joke. I've driven it and I can tell you it doesn't drive like a "luxobarge". Not only that, the dimensions are hardly bigger at all.
Wheelbase, front track "enhancements", pdk-only launch (sends a strong signal), electric steering... Hopefully the GT3 will be salvaged, but Porsche is going farther and farther down a path that will prevent me from buying anything newer than a 7 GT3.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TommyV You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That car does not appeal to me at all.

When it comes time to switch I'm going to go backwards with 993. I see this as a big error. Porsche could have appealed to both the non-Porsche buyers that were going to take the first step into Porsche for the first time and the real Porsche aficionados.

They should have gone for the same size or smaller and enrich the interior!

But then to each his own....almost a 996 mistake. IMO!

Tom

Old 03-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyV
That car does not appeal to me at all.

When it comes time to switch I'm going to go backwards with 993. I see this as a big error. Porsche could have appealed to both the non-Porsche buyers that were going to take the first step into Porsche for the first time and the real Porsche aficionados.

They should have gone for the same size or smaller and enrich the interior!

But then to each his own....almost a 996 mistake. IMO!

Tom
That's what I did!

Old 03-20-2012, 04:57 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
lol,..all the naysayers will own a 991 in a few years anyway.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Chimi-Changa is on a distinguished roadChimi-Changa is on a distinguished road
Great wheels HRE!

Agreed ECB^
Porsche diehards seem to resist change more than most. Guess what- it's all inevidable. Electro Steering, faster, lighter, stronger, and shiftable automatics that will adapt to your every mood. It's called the future- try going with the flow- it's actually not that bad. If not... have fun fixing your jelopy while others burn rubber circles around you, clicking through paddle shifting gears, and cranking the boosted steering into full lock and load.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ECB
lol,..all the naysayers will own a 991 in a few years anyway.
Originally Posted by Chimi-Changa
Great wheels HRE!

Agreed ECB^
Porsche diehards seem to resist change more than most. Guess what- it's all inevidable. Electro Steering, faster, lighter, stronger, and shiftable automatics that will adapt to your every mood. It's called the future- try going with the flow- it's actually not that bad. If not... have fun fixing your jelopy while others burn rubber circles around you, clicking through paddle shifting gears, and cranking the boosted steering into full lock and load.
The only watercooled 911 I would consider would be a GT3 variant; I'm afraid the 991 GT3 won't retain the character of the 996 and 997 versions, in particular as a result of the Mezger's replacement with some new engine (most likely a development of the base car's engine rather than a standalone, bespoke, motorsport-proven engine).

The shift from 993 to 996 was obviously significant, but many of the criticisms - ugliness, poor build quality, etc. - were able to be rectified with the 997, which was not a clean sheet design, but an extensive reworking of the prior generation. The basic 991 architecture will probably be retained for a similar period of time (~15 years), and I don't believe the criticisms that the car faces from purists can or will be fixed.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Nice wheels

Originally Posted by Chimi-Changa
have fun fixing your jelopy
Further proof owning vintage requires taste.

ps "jalopy"

Quick Reply: Silver Porsche 991 on HRE P43SC Conical in Brushed