Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

2012 Porsche 911 Launch Party - 90210 Style

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012 | 07:20 PM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post 2012 Porsche 911 Launch Party - 90210 Style

2012 Porsche 911 Launch Party - 90210 Style
The All-New Carrera Makes it's Beverly Hills Premier
Words & Photos - Jay Huffschmidt

Beverly Hills Porsche hosted a Hollywood premier-style launch of the all new 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera. From the moment guests arrived and strolled down the red carpet it was clear this was no ordinary new car debut.

The story of the iconic sports car's evolution was told through a display of immaculately restored 911s starting with the very first production 911, Jerry Seinfeld's 1964 "Number One". David Buhain's 1973 right-hand drive RS was next in the line up followed by the Porsche Parade winning "Grey Ghost", a flawless 1986 930 Turbo owned by Joseph DeMeo. Mark Lever's rare UN-optioned 1993 911 RS America and Ed O'Neill's 1997 993 Turbo rounded out the air-cooled era display. Fine examples of the water-cooled 996 and 997 body types were displayed from the Beverly Hills Porsche inventory.

Many thanks goes to the owners of these fine cars for sharing them with us. The star of the show was of course the 7th generation of the 911, type 991, the all new 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe.

Source Jay Huffschmidt
[Beverly Hills Porsche]

[

Old 02-09-2012 | 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
acrides is on a distinguished roadacrides is on a distinguished road
I would love to see the first 911 up close.Looks like a nice event.
(although not sure about the step and repeat wall at a car launch.......)

Old 02-09-2012 | 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
THAT looks like a goodtime!

Old 02-10-2012 | 03:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I bet that was a cheap party. Dealer in Dallas paid over 6 figs for their launch party. I missed the deal due to racing at Sebring, but the 4.0 was on display and so was my wife's new 991. Porsche is really having them go all out and spend bucks.

Old 02-10-2012 | 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
BH Porsche party > My local dealers party

(great pics too)

Old 02-10-2012 | 08:24 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
meh

looks like the whole event was 30% about the new 911 and 70% about being seen and making a good appearance in the BH society.

may just as well be wrong though since I don`t live there

Old 02-10-2012 | 08:50 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
meh

looks like the whole event was 30% about the new 911 and 70% about being seen and making a good appearance in the BH society.

may just as well be wrong though since I don`t live there
Its a just a party mate, about having fun, good food, and seeing the new car. :-). I think they did a great job here.

Old 02-10-2012 | 12:56 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
nice gig!

Old 02-10-2012 | 02:33 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Its a just a party mate, about having fun, good food, and seeing the new car. :-). I think they did a great job here.
i understand,..

yes,looks like a nice athmosphere with great people there

Old 02-10-2012 | 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I wonder how the valet's treated porsche drivers?

:-)

Quick Reply: 2012 Porsche 911 Launch Party - 90210 Style