Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Clear bra install of the decade!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Bagger will become famous soon enoughBagger will become famous soon enoughBagger will become famous soon enoughBagger will become famous soon enoughBagger will become famous soon enoughBagger will become famous soon enoughBagger will become famous soon enough
Hmmmm .... Maybe your photos are just too close, man.

Sorry. Of course this is sh!t. What dealership allows this to happen and thinks you'll just say, "OK"?

Old 01-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Superfly
Without question the WORST clearbra I've ever seen. I can't believe the dealer let such hacks work on a 911. I feel sorry for the owner of the car.
If it was not already delivered I would refuse delivery and go after the clearbra company that should stick with clearbraing matchbox toy cars.

Actually, pretty sure my son can do a better job on his little matchbox cars than these clowns. At least he won't leave razor cuts.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bagger
Hmmmm .... Maybe your photos are just too close, man.

Sorry. Of course this is sh!t. What dealership allows this to happen and thinks you'll just say, "OK"?
As a guy who had a GT2 with razor cuts from a northern Cal dealership's awesome clearbra vendor install, I can tell you that the dealer won't give it a second thought. AFAIK, that same awesome clearbra vendor still works for that northern Cal P car dealer.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
If I was the owner of that car not only would I be pissed at the crappy job but Id be pissed at the dealer for offering it.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
A lot of people think that putting on clear protection film is easy and simple. I've never done it, but I'm smart enough to know that it is neither easy nor simple. I don't know of a company within 1000 miles of here that I'd trust to do it right.

Glad the dealer made the right decision.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Superfly
Without question the WORST clearbra I've ever seen. I can't believe the dealer let such hacks work on a 911. I feel sorry for the owner of the car.
It was in an effort to cut cost on the dealership end. There's at least 4 vehicles that this company worked on when the dealership switched vendors. And according to employees they are all that bad.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:45 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Holy hell, what a joke. I'd rather have a sandblasted front bumper.

Part of me wishes that someone (who isn't representing a business here) would just namedrop whoever did that hackjob so it gets picked up by Google in case anyone looks for them . . .

Old 01-30-2012, 04:26 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Just a quick note, the dealer had switched back to Premier after three weeks of using other vendors for the sake of increasing their margins

Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That is appalling. It looks like it was hand-cut on the car instead of computer-cut off the car.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:52 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by StealthPilot
That is appalling. It looks like it was hand-cut on the car instead of computer-cut off the car.
This actually is a computer cut template; however, the installer was not able to install it properly, so he had to make all sorts of trims.

Quick Reply: Clear bra install of the decade!