Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Fabspeed Xpipe and 2* muffler bypass pipes on 997.2 C4S cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
LUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud of
Fabspeed Xpipe and 2* muffler bypass pipes on 997.2 C4S cab

Hi all, I am from Europe and I have doubts on the purchase of the exhaust..

I hope you can help me..

I've seen this video..

2009 Porsche 911-997.2 Carrera S with Fabspeed's Complete Bypass Setup - YouTube

I think is the loudest solution on youtube on 997.2 S..

the question is.. after installing Xpipe (795$) and 2* muffler bypass pipes (495$), I have to map? I'll lose too much power @ low rpms (if i don't map)?

I wouldn't map because the car is still under warranty (bought in april 2011)..

If I have to map with these things, I buy only Xpipe or only 2* muffler bypass pipes..

Thanks in advance to those who will help me

Old 10-04-2011, 03:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
try skipping the X-pipe, keep the center muffler and delete the side mufflers. This way it will be a little quieter and help maintain some back pressure.

My buddy did full muffler delete on his .1 C2S and it sounded insane, so loud and lots of resonance, worse than my full muffler delete .2 GT3. But he did gain high end, but could definitely feel the lose of the low end

Old 10-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Jeff@Fabspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LUPINN
Hi all, I am from Europe and I have doubts on the purchase of the exhaust..

I hope you can help me..

I've seen this video..

2009 Porsche 911-997.2 Carrera S with Fabspeed's Complete Bypass Setup - YouTube

I think is the loudest solution on youtube on 997.2 S..

the question is.. after installing Xpipe (795$) and 2* muffler bypass pipes (495$), I have to map? I'll lose too much power @ low rpms (if i don't map)?

I wouldn't map because the car is still under warranty (bought in april 2011)..

If I have to map with these things, I buy only Xpipe or only 2* muffler bypass pipes..

Thanks in advance to those who will help me
Hello,

You should be fine with our bypass pipes without an ECU tune. Yes, you will be decreasing the back pressure, and therefore most of the power increase will be noticed at high RPM, but an ECU upgrade is not required. Assuming you are going to be keeping the factory cats in place (700 cell, IIRC), you will be good to go. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Jeff

Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
LUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jeff@Fabspeed
Hello,

You should be fine with our bypass pipes without an ECU tune. Yes, you will be decreasing the back pressure, and therefore most of the power increase will be noticed at high RPM, but an ECU upgrade is not required. Assuming you are going to be keeping the factory cats in place (700 cell, IIRC), you will be good to go. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Jeff
Thanks, i have a question

I have to change the tips or the tips of PSE are ok for your bypass pipes?

Old 11-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor
Thanks, i have a question

I have to change the tips or the tips of PSE are ok for your bypass pipes?
Yes, If you have a PSE muffler, you will need to use our tips. The PSE tips have two inlets while our bypass pipes use just one pipe, therefore the PSE tips will not work. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Jeff

Old 11-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Jeff@Fabspeed
Yes, If you have a PSE muffler, you will need to use our tips. The PSE tips have two inlets while our bypass pipes use just one pipe, therefore the PSE tips will not work. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Jeff
Yes.. i'm going to order !!

https://www.enter.net/%7Eplatz/fabspeed/order_form.html

about the shipping method, I live in Italy, which one do u recomend? and how much they cost??

Priority Overnight (morning delivery)
Standard Overnight (afternoon delivery)
2-Day Air
3-Day Express
Ground Shipping

I would order :

- 997.2 Carrera/S/GTS 2ndary Muffler Bypass Pipe $495
- 997.2 Carrera/S/GTS Primary Muffler Bypass X-Pipe $795
- 997.2 Carrera/S Polished Tips $550

1840$ + shipping cost..

Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor
Yes.. i'm going to order !!

https://www.enter.net/%7Eplatz/fabspeed/order_form.html

about the shipping method, I live in Italy, which one do u recomend? and how much they cost??

Priority Overnight (morning delivery)
Standard Overnight (afternoon delivery)
2-Day Air
3-Day Express
Ground Shipping

I would order :

- 997.2 Carrera/S/GTS 2ndary Muffler Bypass Pipe $495
- 997.2 Carrera/S/GTS Primary Muffler Bypass X-Pipe $795
- 997.2 Carrera/S Polished Tips $550

1840$ + shipping cost..
Please send me an email and please include your address. I will be happy to give you a shipping quote and finalize your order. Thanks!

Jeff
jeff@fabspeed.com

Old 11-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
_luca_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi italian Cayman mk2 2.9 dfi

I want buy the Same checco Cayman r esaust , race

But i Only watt increase the sound , not want lose horse at low rpm and i dont want remap the ECU

And not check light or error on my computer board

If it works i buy immediatly. But my goal is to take the Cayman stock because Porsche approved and i prefer in that mode

I Only want a terminal like race that Give me great loud sound but no loose at low rpm ..i have Only 265 cv and i prefer low response.

Can this be' possibile ? Thxx

Old 11-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by _luca_
Hi italian Cayman mk2 2.9 dfi

I want buy the Same checco Cayman r esaust , race

But i Only watt increase the sound , not want lose horse at low rpm and i dont want remap the ECU

And not check light or error on my computer board

If it works i buy immediatly. But my goal is to take the Cayman stock because Porsche approved and i prefer in that mode

I Only want a terminal like race that Give me great loud sound but no loose at low rpm ..i have Only 265 cv and i prefer low response.

Can this be' possibile ? Thxx
Hi Luca,

We offer our race exhaust as a simple bolt-on upgrade for all Boxster/Cayman models. This system bolts directly to the headers and will be free of check engine lights. This is an aggressive system (loud), so make sure you are OK with that. If you are worried that it may be too loud, I recommend our Maxflo system. You will not need an ECU upgrade and you will not lose power with this system. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Please email me directly if you have any other questions or if you would like to place an order. Thanks!

Jeff
jeff@fabspeed.com

Old 11-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Member

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Xpipe and 2* muffler bypass pipes on 997.2 C4S cab