Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

New Porsche 911 Pics Leak out ahead of Official Debut

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
FStop7 is an unknown quantity at this point
That is fan-****ing-tastic.

The front and rear end are unbelievable. In GT3 form that is going to look like some kind of alien fighter craft.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing!!

Old 08-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
This is the first new iteration that I liked right away and didn't have to warm up too over time. I dont know if I understand the need for 7 speed manual but I'm sure its fun as hell.

Sent from my Droid using Teamspeed

Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
My thoughts on the interior. Like many at first (a few months ago) I was thinking the interior would stray away from Porsche's sporty motifs. The first good interior shots came out today, and I have to say, I'm very pleased with it. It looks very similar to the 997's which is a good thing, just higher quality. I was nervous the center console would be fat and bloated like the Panamera's, but on the 991 it looks much slimmer, and there are much less buttons. I also think the sloped console will be great for shifting on the manual transmission. Very reminiscent of the Carrera GT. I think the interior still has a very sporty appeal. The contrasting colour rev counter is an excellent touch. The only thing I don't like is the bulging speakers and window operational buttons on the door panels. They look very out of place compared to the rest of the interior.

Also, I notice some parts sharing on the door handles. They're the same ones on the Panamera and Cayenne (not a bad thing though).

purist is certainly the minority on the market. no doubt.

u can argue all day long it's the inspiration from CGT. but i can tell u it's far from it, except the high-raised center console.

LOVE the side profile. mentioned it many times. but i'm not gonna lie. the interior is questionable.

as ur age u might not see what some people see here, including myself. when u put 3 interior shots side by side, Cayenne, Panamera & 911, when they all look 90% close to each other, that's not a good thing. i have no problem Panamera & Cayenne share the same interior. but the iconic 911, HELL NO.

ironically, back in the days other models of Porsche have to carry 911's DNA. nowadays the 911 has to carry other products' DNA. not saying it's 100% a bad move. just where the true soul is for the brand.

no doubt i'll buy many 991s in the years to come. just i hate to see the part i love the most is missing & may never come back.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
the rear is so much 918! i love it. good job porsche. except interior, 997 interior was perfect.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:01 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
My initial reaction to the pictures was that it looks great. And then I started to find little things I don't like. It looks TOO long, etc. But I actually think it's going to be a car that will be an instant winner when seen in person. And I agree the GT versions will be awesome. Can't wait to see more when it's "official".

Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Evolution is beautiful.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
Not entirely sure about the back end looking a little stretched, and definitely dislike the LED/foglights, but overall I like it. Definitely have to see it in person.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
now lets see what the turbo version will look like.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Looks very good. Cant wait to see one live...

Quick Reply: New Porsche 911 Pics Leak out ahead of Official Debut