Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Spied Again: The New Porsche 911 Carrera Virtually Undisguised

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond reputeSVTxTERM1NATOR has a reputation beyond repute
That diagram really helps. Can't wait to see what the lights really look like.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Quick ps based on the latest images.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  173.0 KB

Old 07-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Love the new body style...apparently I'm the only one!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
So what's so special about the new headlights?

Why is that the only part they're still hiding?

Old 07-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stephan
You been living under a rock or something??? It's been known for quite some time now that Porsche would be unveiling this car with a completely new 7 speed manual transmission!
Must be, lol. Haven't really kept up with new Porsche releases for a while, they all end up looking the same anyways jk

Old 07-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Beefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond repute
Love the new wheel designs, they're gorgeous. Okay, so Porsche are still going to have a couple of surprises when the reveal. Looking at the rear shot of the red car, I think there's a chance the new one might have a hatchback.

Look at the rear shot, and at the roof. Why would there be a split line up from the rear window? That indicates a rear hatch to me. I think the rear will open to reveal the rear seats maybe.

Just a thought, but I can't think why the split line would be there.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Beefmeister
Love the new wheel designs, they're gorgeous. Okay, so Porsche are still going to have a couple of surprises when the reveal. Looking at the rear shot of the red car, I think there's a chance the new one might have a hatchback.

Look at the rear shot, and at the roof. Why would there be a split line up from the rear window? That indicates a rear hatch to me. I think the rear will open to reveal the rear seats maybe.

Just a thought, but I can't think why the split line would be there.
It doesn't make sense for the 911 to have a hatchback design. The 997 Targa models have that opening rear screen, but leaning over the engine bay to get your stuff in and out of the trunk was nothing short of inconvenient.

If I'm not mistaken, the split line on the rear section of the roof might be related to the sunroof or the rumored aerodynamic package. There was a bit of talk about components along the body and air intakes that would rise and retract to aid in vehicular aerodynamics, particularly at high speeds.

Guess we'll have to see, eh?

Porschephile88

Old 07-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ You're correct, it's for a larger sunroof that slides back over the panel. There's one in the front too where the wind deflector deploys.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Carrera
A few observations from the side comparison:

1) The reduced slope and additional curvature of the windscreen definitely adds to a sleeker shape. It immediately dates the 997.

2) It looks like much of the added wheelbase length is located between the door and the rear wheel well.

3) The greatest change in the design over time is the continued increase in height of the rear bumper. I'm sure it's related to safety regulations and aerodynamics, but if you think back to the 930, 964 and 993, the rear taillights sat very low, along with the bumper. It seems as though the tails/bumper have moved from shin-height to hip/waist height. While the basic shape of the 911 is still instantly recognizable, this is one area that I think has changed the most. I also think it's one of those details that makes the 930/964/993 'classic' designs that we all look back on and love.

Attached Images   
Old 07-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ Nice observations. In addition to the high rear bumpers, with each generation the raised front wings become less and less pronounced.

Quick Reply: Spied Again: The New Porsche 911 Carrera Virtually Undisguised