Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Carrera GTS w/ SharkWerks Center Muffler Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Carrera GTS w/ SharkWerks Center Muffler Bypass

I was finally able to get my SW Center Bypass installed on the GTS this morning. All I can say is: DAMN.

Wow the car sounds great.

With PSE Off, it's still pretty subtle, but you can hear a little more raspiness when pulling through 3K+ RPMs.

But with PSE On...Oh...It's ON alright. The car just sounds angry and ready to bite. LOVE IT.

Here's a video I shot today. The first section is in my garage, so I had to keep the revs below 4K to not PO the old lady across the street. The next vid is from a parking lot...hitting about 6K. You can tell that the sound really comes through as you increase the RPM load. But once you start to maintain an engine speed, the sound levels off. Hopefully it helps you get an idea of how great it sounds. I just wanna go find a nice long tunnel and drive back/forth.

Thanks to Alex and Team at SharkWerks as well as John and Isaac at Boardwalk Porsche.

YouTube - ‪2011 Carrera GTS w/ SharkWerks Center Exhaust Bypass‬‏

Old 07-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
white rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome!! Is that setup available for a 997.1 C4s (I have PSE)?

Old 07-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^ I'm assuming PSE means porsche sport exhaust.

Sounds good mate!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
That sounds great!!! Nothing like a nice Porsche with a set of nice pipes. Enjoy it man. Cant wait for that tunnel video

Old 07-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
excellent sound man!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by white rock
Awesome!! Is that setup available for a 997.1 C4s (I have PSE)?
Don't think so. I don't think the .1s have the center exhaust setup that the .2s do.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
sounds much better than stock

Old 07-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
white rock is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dallascajun
Don't think so. I don't think the .1s have the center exhaust setup that the .2s do.
You're right, I just checked the SharkWerks website. I love the sound though!!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Aw thanks for sharing the video and so glad you like it That blue one we did a couple of weeks ago got me thinkin'....

Old 07-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Mine is on the way for my C2S w PSE.Alex is the best.

Quick Reply: Carrera GTS w/ SharkWerks Center Muffler Bypass