Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Next Generation Porsche to have 7 speed Manual

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:00 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
7 is the new 6

Old 06-01-2011, 02:41 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I hope they use the Volvo 240 overdrive button.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
My dealer mentioned this to me last month. It will also be launched nearby

Last edited by Mike S; 06-01-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Carrera
This is actually a good thing, because unlike most of the other sportscar manufacturers who just drop the manual all together, Porsche is actually trying to improve it and make it better and more efficient. That shows they truly care about the enthusiasts.
I actually have to agree with you for once

Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
thats homo talk

from me
How is an extra gear really all that much better aside from a fuel economy perspective? When is enough enough? It just adds weight and complication, imo.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I think this is the Porsche way of being able to claim 30mpg out of a 400hp sports car, WITHOUT 'hybrid' technology. AKA: Porsche Intelligent Performance.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully they give 7th a pretty heavy detent/put it spaced far from the other gears to prevent it being mis-shifted from/into.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
RugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond repute
This is an actual leaked picture of what the shifter will look like.

Attached Images  
Old 06-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Haha, sure...

Guys you should be applauding Porsche for actually investing in the future of the manual transmission instead of just saying screw it and moving on to PDK. For all we know it still could be a 6 speed manual with an electrically engaged 7th gear for the highway.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
RugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond reputeRugRunner has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's a cool thing. When there are many premium vehicle manufacturers like Ferrari completely moving away from manual shift systems, it's neat to see one trying to better something that's already good. I like my 6 speed and I'm curious to see what 7 ends up being.

Quick Reply: Next Generation Porsche to have 7 speed Manual