Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Porsche releases yet another 997 variant - The 997 Carrera 4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Post Porsche releases yet another 997 variant - The 997 Carrera 4 GTS

New top model with all-wheel drive and 408 hp (300 kW): 911 Carrera 4 GTS
New Flagship Carrera ideal for all-weather performance

ATLANTA – May 12, 2011 – Building on the well-received 911 Carrera GTS with its extra power, visual panache and extensive extras for an attractive price, Porsche today announced the 911 Carrera 4 GTS. As an all-wheel-drive model, and when equipped with the proper tires, the Carrera 4 has proven more than competent for all seasons and all road conditions. The Carrera 4 GTS wraps an aggressive wide body around a long list of performance, comfort and cosmetic enhancements.

A GTS exclusive power upgrade of 23 hp over the 911 Carrera 4S on which it is based enables the 3.8-liter 911 Carrera 4 GTS – available as a coupe and cabriolet – to accelerate from zero to 60 mph 0.1 second faster; a Carrera 4 GTS coupe equipped with the optional seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (PDK) and the optional Sport Chrono Package Plus makes the sprint in just 4.0 seconds. Top-track speed is also increased to 187 mph (186 mph w/PDK).

The 911 Carrera 4 GTS features an electronically-controlled Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel-drive system that delivers impressive traction and powerful acceleration in any driving situation. The electromagnetically-controlled multi-plate clutch reacts within fractions of a second and ensures optimum distribution of power between the front and rear axles. A standard mechanical limited-slip differential further improves traction and driving stability around turns and on varying road surfaces.

The 3.8-liter flat-six delivers its 408 hp thanks to a number of internal changes, including a special resonance intake manifold with six vacuum-controlled tuning flaps. Maximum torque is available at 4,200 rpm; 200 rpm earlier compared with the Carrera 4S. The extra power is enhanced by a standard sports exhaust system with four black tailpipes finished with polished, nano-coated inner shells.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfy8S...layer_embedded

Like every all-wheel-drive 911 model, the Carrera 4 GTS features a body with 44-mm wider wheel arches at the rear.

It is also distinguishable by its SportDesign front apron, black side skirts from the 911 GT2 and a black panel between the rear tailpipes. Center-locking 19-inch RS Spyder design wheels, painted in high-gloss black with polished lips are a final visual flourish.

Inside, black is the dominant color, with the standard interior featuring Alcantara® on the center sections of the standard sport seats with their larger side bolsters. Black Alcantara® is also used wherever the driver comes into direct contact with the vehicle – like on the rim of the three-spoke SportDesign steering wheel and on the gear and handbrake levers.

The extra all-weather performance, visual muscle and standard equipment of the 911 Carrera 4 GTS comes at an attractive price. On sale this fall, the 911 Carrera 4 GTS Coupe will be available in the US at a base MSRP price of $110,200 while the 911 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet will be priced at $120,100.

Link to the web special The new 911 Carrera 4 GTS

Source [Porsche]

Last edited by sinan; 05-12-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:14 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
For fvck sake.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
is this a joke?

Old 05-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
They sure know how to empty that part bin.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Oh look, another 911 variant!

Old 05-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Normally I'd say this is apart of the 911's character, but this car is complete shit. For the press photos they just do some stupid renderings, and for the gallery on their site, all they did was poorly photoshop pictures of the C2GTS. Why not just make a GTS package for the Carrera 4? It would be much better than rolling out this POS as a whole new variant. Usually Porsche does a great job at making things feel official, but honestly, this is terrible. Bad photoshops of old pictures, a confusing name, AND two versions of it.

I mean I bet it's an excellent car, but why make it a new variant!? Just make it an optional package on the C4S! What makes me the most angry is how the press photos are just bad photoshops of old pictures, and stupid renderings.

Last edited by Carrera; 05-12-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:50 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting before I got up today! I added the press images for you to the OP.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I'd still take my 2WD version over the 4. The only reason I was looking at a C4S when I bought the GTS was the WB. The only main difference that I see between the 2 (other than cosmetics) is that the 4GTS comes standard with Mechanical Locking Rear Diff (as per the WebSpecial).

I can see how the 2GTS could be seen as a separate model given the WB design for the 2WD, but the 4GTS really is just an option package for the C4S, nothing else.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to allgabriel.dufresne is a name known to all
i can't wait for the Carrera 4 GTS Turbo S Spyder 4.0 RS.

probably coming this summer.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:53 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! !

Quick Reply: Porsche releases yet another 997 variant - The 997 Carrera 4 GTS