Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Porsche releases yet another 997 variant - The 997 Carrera 4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
No, the car is not lame. The relabeling of it as something new is lame.
This wont help sell more cars overall, I would guess. People aren't cross-shopping a different brand, then saying "damn if only there was a 997 with X and Y..." My guess is the buyers of these cars were already going to be 997 buyers. I doubt anybody said, "I love the GTS but wish it had AWD. I don't like the regular C4S and I won't consider a new/used Turbo, so I am going with the Nissan!"

Old 05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with Wyatt. Can't you basically get all of these options on a C4S?

Old 05-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Where is the GTS targa???

Old 05-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Just let peeps spec their own car and hand out some discounts...RWD with widebody was cool but this is weak.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Thank You!!!

This car is fire. Who cares how many different 911's there are? There are a lot because its awesome and having one a little different than the last one is cool. I also really like the fact that Porsche offerig some NA cars that make nice alternatives to the Turbo (some people - like me - dont love turbo Porsches) and less "track ready" than the GT3 and RS. Its a perfect road going 911.

While I want to agree with you, I can't. The idea of this car is great, and the execution is as expected. And I know it's a great car... BUT, it makes me mad how lazy Porsche was with making this car official. All of the press photos are boring and cheap looking renderings, and the photos on Porsche's site are very bad photoshops of the original GTS. If they went out of their way to actually take some real photos instead of making renderings and poor photoshops, I'd receive this car much better. (BTW, I'm an NA fan as well!)

Old 05-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
just trying to get every last $$ out of there clients before the end of the model run

Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
^Precisely

Old 05-13-2011, 01:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Moving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the roughMoving Chicane is a jewel in the rough
While you guys wait for the Targa version, I'm putting my deposit on the 997 Black Series C4S GTS Targa!

Or not!

Old 05-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still eagerly awaiting the 997 Silver Edition. (not joking, apparently there will be one of those too)

Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
AG has way too many 2010 & 2011 997 parts...
Look at the 4.0 RS... it is a 2012 car but the body panels and other parts all have 2010 and 2011 part numbers

Quick Reply: Porsche releases yet another 997 variant - The 997 Carrera 4 GTS