Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

2012 911s?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
z356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond reputez356 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I understand the link I'm posting is to a special edition car, but what's the story on Porsche for 2012? Obviously the 991 will be a 2013 model considering it's not even being shown until Frankfurt in September. The reason I ask is because I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to order a PTS GT3, but I've been told it's a no-go. If Porsche follows what they did during the 996/997 transition, then the GT3 and Turbo will continue while the "vanilla" 991s start rolling out. Please be so...
Chris: To try to answer your question directly, I think we have been told by PAG that other than the Limited Edition gt3 RS coming this summer, regular gt3 and gt3RS 997.2 production is over! Part of the marketing appeal of the LE gt3RS that is shortly coming will be that it's the last - positively guaranteed - Mezger engine on the 997.2 gt3 platform!

However, you question is a good one. What will Porsche produce from this summer until 991's start rolling down the line and into the supply lines as an early MY2013? My guess - MY2012 GTS and other 'special editions' like this Black one. If you are set on a gt3, don't give up on PTS. Whatever you do, don't compromise! Gulf is out - Porsche AG will not do it. But there are a few Mexico and Riviera Blues around - both new or used. So seek and you shall find!

By the way, it would not surprise me if Porsche flies in the Frankfurt Auto Show 991 World Premiere Show Car directly to Monterey and displays it at the Porsche Race Car Classic on Sunday, October 16th. It would be a wonderful way to top off that Rennsport week and get the 991 buzz going in the US, right smack in the middle of its biggest single 911 market - California! Saludos, z356 (Carmel)

Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Chris,

Let me know before you trade in your 911. I may be interested in picking it up.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SPEEDANDTECH
Chris,

Let me know before you trade in your 911. I may be interested in picking it up.
The problem is that I am still upside down (neg equity) from previous "wise car decisions". If we can figure something out there, I'm all ears.

Originally Posted by z356
By the way, it would not surprise me if Porsche flies in the Frankfurt Auto Show 991 World Premiere Show Car directly to Monterey and displays it at the Porsche Race Car Classic on Sunday, October 16th. It would be a wonderful way to top off that Rennsport week and get the 991 buzz going in the US, right smack in the middle of its biggest single 911 market - California! Saludos, z356 (Carmel)
Amigo, you know I am thinking the same thing. It'll be a month after Frankfurt. I also wouldn't be surprised if they have a couple of demo cars. What better way to hook future sales than at a huge gathering of current owners?

I'll keep looking for that perfect GT3...

DJ - I checked Hoffman's site. That car is too highly optioned for what I want, plus it's got yellow belts. I'm going to be an unbelievable pain in the ass about this car...

Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by z356
right smack in the middle of its biggest single 911 market - California! Saludos, z356 (Carmel)
Actually, the 911's biggest market is the North East... Maybe they should show it up around here!

Chris, good luck. If I see any Mexico Blue GT3's for sale anywhere online, I'll make sure to send you a link!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Told ya so ya knuckledragger!!

why not the Mexico blue one available? that car is GORGEOUS!!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
It's got too much extraneous crap and yellow belts. I'm not a fan of yellow at all. If you guys find a Mexico or Atlas one with Sport Buckets and not much else, I'll be happy. I don't need nav, I don't need bluetooth, etc. Less is more in this instance. For example, my ideal build on the configurator only comes to $125K.