Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Picked up my 911 GTS Coupe PDK ... and here are my views

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
adamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud of
Picked up my 911 GTS Coupe PDK ... and here are my views

OK so I picked up my GTS coupe and these are my initial views on the car ...

I don't like it ...

Especially when coming from a 997.1 GT3 RS ... this car feels too docile ... not as exciting ... so people comparing it to a GT3 is just plain wrong ... the sports exhaust only really comes alive on the limit (whats the point) pdk box is decent, I feel this car needs to be a lil more alive, right now I wouldn't mind doing a straight swap with an orange 997.1 GT3 RS with ceramics and under 10000km on the clock ... I miss my RS

Look the car has very few km on in 180km to be exact, i know the car will loosen up with more kms, and feel more engaging ... (hopefully) ... so my views might change on the car ...

The way I'm driving in the car, first 100km very easy for the brakes to set in ... and after that once the engine is warmed up, short burst of maybe 2-3min of pushing the car through its paces, then for like 20min very easy driving again ...

Old 01-30-2011, 01:55 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
What did you expect? It's not a GT3.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
There is really no way anyone can compare the RS to the GTS...They are two completely different cars and they both offer different (almost opposite) experiences.

Give it try before you give up on it, although it sounds like you need an RS...

Best of luck!

Old 01-30-2011, 02:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
adamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
What did you expect? It's not a GT3.
i was not expecting that ... but was expecting a refined GT3 ...

Old 01-30-2011, 03:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
you couldn't have jumped into this car expecting a better and/or comparable experience to an RS... come on!!

Old 01-30-2011, 04:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adamr
i was not expecting that ... but was expecting a refined GT3 ...
GTS is a repackaged C2S. GT3 however, is in its own league.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:26 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Dutchman is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by adamr
ok so i picked up my GTS coupe and these are my initial views on the car ...

i dont like it ...

(...) the car has very few km on in 180km to be exact,(...)

the way im driving in the car, first 100km very easy for the brakes to set in ... and after that once the engine is warmed up, short burst of maybe 2-3min...
So, just after 2mins/80km you don't like it?

Old 01-30-2011, 05:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
Hey Adam,

Sorry you not enjoying it. Perhaps it will loosen up after a while, and grow on you. Are you in JHB? I’m pretty sure I once saw your GT3 (The one in your avatar) heading from Woodmead through to Rivonia.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
you picked the wrong car, mate.

Quick Reply: Picked up my 911 GTS Coupe PDK ... and here are my views