Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

The Teamspeed Porsche 991 Information Thread!! (991 Spy Shots only Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 08:23 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Ron from Rennteam for these scans!

Old 08-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
not a fan of the rear lights, since when did Porsche hire asian designers?

Old 08-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ I agree, but I don't think the rear lights in that rendering are totally accurate.

And for all the doubters of the 991, here is a quote from a guy at Rennteam (yes, his posts prove to be consistently reliable).
KresoF1: Just little hint... Yesterday, I was with my P source who is on vacation on Adriatic coast. He told me that:"...despite all worries that rennteamers wrote new 991 will be a better sportscar then 997.2-period. 997.2 Carrera GTS or 991 S? You must be kidding-991 S of course. Naturally with all sporty options. In my opinion even base 991 Carrera with 350ps will be more then sufficient for most costumers." He works over 10 years for P in Z. His infos were always 100% correct. I saw 991 again on screen without any camo(press pics are ready!) and I am sold.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-12-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
sanjay is an unknown quantity at this point
I will not be able to afford it --> but I wonder if the 991 will have an option for the Burmester audio setup in lieu of Bose.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sanjay
I will not be able to afford it --> but I wonder if the 991 will have an option for the Burmester audio setup in lieu of Bose.
porsche dealer today said its not sure. And I think you need more room (like panamera) if you want worldclass sound.

Old 08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
And I don't like the new exterior. I think the 997.2 is nearly perfect, so it was impossible to make the new porsche better.

Last edited by Turboholic; 08-12-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Burmester is confirmed for the 991. I can't find the picture of it, but I remember seeing Burmester on one of the test mules.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by sanjay
Bose is an option on the Panamera with Burmester as more expensive option. I suspect 991 options will be similar.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
LUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud of

Old 08-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
soooooooooooooo AWESOME^^^

and whats stopping someone from peeling off those stickers when the car is unattended...i know id have a HARD time not doing that lol

Last edited by McRae; 08-13-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Quick Reply: The Teamspeed Porsche 991 Information Thread!! (991 Spy Shots only Thread)