Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

The Teamspeed Porsche 991 Information Thread!! (991 Spy Shots only Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DJ
Motor Trends Take on it...

INMO not really close as they didn't even bother to change the side mirror positioning

Now that front bumper looks like a catfish, fugly. The red and green renderings look good though

Old 07-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
VinR is an unknown quantity at this point
The front bumper is taken from the 918 Spyder. Looks interesting on the 911.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I absolutely love this rendering and if Porsche made a model to look like this I'd be all over it no matter what it is named

Old 07-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Wow that looks amazing. If the next Cayman looks anything like that I will need to have it.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
^^ Wow that looks amazing. If the next Cayman looks anything like that I will need to have it.
I think it's pretty promising. Judging by the spy shot, the 981 will share many of the same stylistic features, just a little less exaggerated. For example, the 918 style front wings will appear on the 981, the DLO (overall side window shape) will be very similar, and the concavity on the doors, though less exaggerated will appear on the next Cayman. On the prototypes, you can see a whole bunch of camo on the doors, certainly hiding some sort of concavity.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:09 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Yep, would rather have then the new 911 if it looks like this!

Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
I absolutely love this rendering and if Porsche made a model to look like this I'd be all over it no matter what it is named

I see that and raise you this!

Old 07-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
I see that and raise you this!

Ugh...that doesn't suck. Looks good.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
That rendering would be a 458 challenger for sure!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Chuck_H is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 Porsche 911 Targa caught with open top

Retracting roof on upcoming next-generation 911 Targa shown in action

Here are the first spy shots available of the upcoming 2012 Porsche 911 Targa.

Contrary to a previous report, this alleged Targa prototype is sporting the usual retractable roof that backs over the rear glass, which we get to see partially open in the photos published here. Or perhaps this is the standard Carrera with the panoramic sunroof option?

The most recently reported specs say the next-generation 2012 Porsche 911 will be coming with a 7-speed manual gearbox.

Sounds like more fun is in store for 911 fans.

Quick Reply: The Teamspeed Porsche 991 Information Thread!! (991 Spy Shots only Thread)