Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

The 911 Carrera GTS in an "un-proffesional" setting.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010 | 04:40 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by adamr
does anyone else feel the rear needs some spacers?
I think so, I wished this car had 993 like rims with a sportier offset.

Old 10-27-2010 | 04:40 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I think that is the "997 Carrera GTS Limited Live Edition", becuase someone saw it in the flesh. The "997 Carrera GTS Limited Car Show Edition" was the one we saw first, and the special edition they hauled around to different car shows, photoshoots etc. I believe it was number 13/500 of the 997 GTS LCSE.

Old 10-27-2010 | 04:47 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
I think that is the "997 Carrera GTS Limited Live Edition", becuase someone saw it in the flesh. The "997 Carrera GTS Limited Car Show Edition" was the one we saw first, and the special edition they hauled around to different car shows, photoshoots etc. I believe it was number 13/500 of the 997 GTS LCSE.
Yeah lol, they will make and milk every 997 model they can. They wont mind making a 997 Elton John edition its going to be Pink and come with greatest hits cd lol.

Old 10-27-2010 | 04:56 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Hey now, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road is one of the best songs ever made - I'd buy the Elton Edition in a heartbeat if I could order it with Crocodile Rock leather

Old 10-27-2010 | 05:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Seeing this makes me HATE the STUPID Bumperettes on my car. Stupid N/A standards.

Old 10-27-2010 | 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
This is actually the "997 Carrera GTS Limited Live Edition Sunray Platinum and Shot In A Parking Lot Series"

1 of 23. Sells for a brazillion bucks.

Sorry fellas, I disapproved when Bugatti made the eleventieth limited edition Veyron, disapproved when Pagani calls every Zonda a one-off, and I'm *ucking sick of Porsche adding some gimmick to the 911 and making it a BS super-exclusive edition.

In 10 years, we'll look at this and go "we bought into that crap?".

Old 10-27-2010 | 05:05 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by _CEO_
Seeing this makes me HATE the STUPID Bumperettes on my car. Stupid N/A standards.
I have never understood why you guys over there don't remove them - they are such a hideous eyesore. Are they welded to the subframe or something?

Old 10-27-2010 | 05:09 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by jox
I have never understood why you guys over there don't remove them - they are such a hideous eyesore. Are they welded to the subframe or something?
Whats worse are these newer side mirrors that are bolted directly to the doors, new Cayenne, 458 etc.

Old 10-27-2010 | 05:10 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by Zorro
This is actually the "997 Carrera GTS Limited Live Edition Sunray Platinum and Shot In A Parking Lot Series"

1 of 23. Sells for a brazillion bucks.

Sorry fellas, I disapproved when Bugatti made the eleventieth limited edition Veyron, disapproved when Pagani calls every Zonda a one-off, and I'm *ucking sick of Porsche adding some gimmick to the 911 and making it a BS super-exclusive edition.

In 10 years, we'll look at this and go "we bought into that crap?".
I truly believe the only thing stopping Porsche from releasing every single 997 as a limited edition, and justifying it using the fact that they all have different number plates, is that someone in the boardroom eventually objected by saying something like "Okay now come on guys, don't you think this is going a little too far?". And whoever thinks up these limited editions said "Okay ... I guesss you're right. But let's meet half way - every other 997 we produce is a limited edition from now on!", and that's where we are now . . .

Old 10-27-2010 | 05:43 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
As unprofessional as incorrect spelling?

Anyway, the GTS looks good, although I would not go as far to call it 'the best looking 997 ever.'

Quick Reply: The 911 Carrera GTS in an "un-proffesional" setting.