Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

V35: 997.2 LED conversion & 2010 GT3 wing Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010 | 03:50 AM
V35
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
V35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to behold
V35: 997.2 LED conversion & 2010 GT3 wing Pics

My car has been undergoing a lot of modifications throughout the summer but for this thread i'm going to be focusing on the 997.2 stuff. This isn't the first 997.2 Conversion but I figured my insights would be helpful.

Precision Porsche used my car to test fit their new 2010 GT3 parts on my car and I went home with their new wing. The fiberglass quality was amazing, no waves at all and the fitment was perfect and did not need any adjusting to make it fit.

I bought the 997.2 LED Tail light kit from Suncoast Porsche . The kit came with (2) tail lights, (1) Rear Control Module, (2) Harness Plugs to replace the one on your car. The lights came packaged very throughly so as to make sure that nothing is damaged.

Tailights test fitted on the car comparing old and new.

Instead of replacing my rear bumper, I had my OEM GT3 rear bumper modified to fill in the gaps where the 997.1 lights used to be. My local body shop used a short fiber fiberglass/resin to fill in the gaps and shaped it to perfection

The Suncoast kit came with a pair of harness adapters for the 997.2 tailights. The reason being is that the 997.2 tailight has a notch on it that the old tailight did not. Therefore, the old harness plug does not have an accommodation for that notch whereas the new 'gray' adapter does. I tried switching out the wiring from the old harness to the new, but could not figure it out, neither did I want to shave down the notch. Instead, I forced the old harness plug onto the tail light, and since it is plastic it was able to slide over the notch and plug onto the tail light. Here is the difference between the 2 harness'

After I brought the car home, I swapped out the Rear Control Module located under the driver seat. You must unclip a plastic cover off the old rear control unit and simply unplug the wires and plug them into the new Rear Control Unit supplied by Suncoast. The brake lights and turn signals all work, however, as soon as I turn the headlights on, only the passenger side tail light stays on. This is where the PIWIS programming is needed to turn the LED option on under the coding section for the rear control unit. I will take the car in to the dealership later this week.

All in all, it wasn't a very difficult or time consuming process, nor was it too expensive. I spent well under $2,000 for the LED's and the bodywork alone.

Old 08-31-2010 | 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent job especially on the rear bumper mod to fit the new lights. The car looks gorgeous!

Old 08-31-2010 | 12:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks fantastic! Very impressive!

Old 08-31-2010 | 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats, it looks killer!

Old 08-31-2010 | 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Such a badass setup! Great job!

Old 08-31-2010 | 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
As always, your car is sick, the work is clean, and the mods are spot on. Well Done.

PS: Is Lucent (and Arling?) still around? I never see them around on forums and stuff anymore?

Old 08-31-2010 | 04:11 PM
V35
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
V35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to beholdV35 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the comments guys! Yea, Lucent is still around but Arling doesn't work for them anymore.

Old 08-31-2010 | 04:48 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
those lights are the peek of sexy...i wonder if the 991 can top those

Old 08-31-2010 | 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
looks incredible, but to be perfectly honest i liked the old wing better

Old 09-01-2010 | 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
dam that looks sick!!

Quick Reply: V35: 997.2 LED conversion & 2010 GT3 wing Pics