Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Why buy an AWD 911?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010 | 12:13 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
TiAgMC is an unknown quantity at this point
Why buy an AWD 911?

Just curious to those of you who have one decided on the AWD model? I understand why the Turbo is AWD and why someone would want one but I don't understand why someone would get one in the 'lower' models?

I know some may get it for the winter time for snow driving but I can't imagine that many people got it for that as most all of the local AWD 911 owners that I know have other vehicles they use in the winter time and I would imagine that is probably the norm throughout the US.

Just wondering.

Old 05-23-2010 | 02:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Hmmmm.........

Maybe it's because Porsche makes those narrow body cars with almost no curves??? If the Carrera 2S was a wide body I think the numbers would be different.....maybe ;o)

Old 05-23-2010 | 02:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
i asked my dealer this same ques n u wont belive the answer, they like the rear reflectors, wat a reason!

Old 05-23-2010 | 03:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing wrong with buying a C4s, it's not any less of a Porsche or a 911.

Old 05-23-2010 | 06:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zymi
Hmmmm.........

Maybe it's because Porsche makes those narrow body cars with almost no curves??? If the Carrera 2S was a wide body I think the numbers would be different.....maybe ;o)
Originally Posted by tips
i asked my dealer this same ques n u wont belive the answer, they like the rear reflectors, wat a reason!
It's true, people like the widebody appearance quite a bit. The wider fenders in combination with the red horizontal reflector (which does look damn good and should somehow be featured/incorporated into the GT3, if only for aesthetics and "presence") make the rear look a lot wider. Plus, dealers probably convince non-enthusiast buyers that it will make the car "safer" or that it's necessary to use the car during the winter.

Old 05-23-2010 | 06:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
I have a C4S purely for the aesthetic reasons the wider body and the reflector strip sealed the deal

Old 05-23-2010 | 06:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Rage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura about
What's a bit curious for me is why people by a C4S, which when properly equipped costs about as much or even more than a GT3.

Old 05-23-2010 | 08:19 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I've always wondered why people buy those sun-dried tomatos in the glass jar when the ones in the plastic jar taste so much better.

Old 05-23-2010 | 08:39 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
snow and cold weather.
i met a guy w a 997.2 C4 who drives his porsches all year long.

Old 05-23-2010 | 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
My guess would be the stance of the car, much better looking