Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: Which kit would you go with?
Option 1
75.00%
Option 2
25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

996 Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:07 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
SKAMG is an unknown quantity at this point
996 Body Kits

So I've been thinking about doing a GT3 RSR Wide Body kit conversion on my 2000 996 C2.

I found these 2 kits but they're for the 02-04 996's. They also make the same kit for the 99-01 996's but I really like the 02-04 headlights.

Option 1: 02-04 Duraflex 996 GT3 RSR Wide Body-----$4,000 USD
This kit includes:
-Front Bumper
-Front Splitter
-Front Fender(pair)
-Rear Bumper
-Rear Fender(pair)
-Side Skirts

Option 2: 02-4 Fiberglass 996 GT3 RSR Wide Body-----$6,025 USD
This kit includes:
- Front Bumper
- Rear Bumper
- Front Lip
- Front Fender(pair)
- Rear Fender (pair)
*- Carbon Fiber Rear Wing
*- Rear Hood with wing base

****Problem: I have a 00' 996. If I get a pair of 02-04 headlights will I be able to mount them on with either one of these kits?

Old 12-01-2009, 05:17 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
To be honest with you I don't think you should put any body kit on it. But thats just my .02. If I had to chose though, I would go with option 1. The front looks way to busy on option 2.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
They're both the same style. You can tweak them with different mesh grills of your choice and add carbon fiber canards to them if you wish.

My problem is fitment issues. Will the kits fit w/o major modifications or will you have to drill custom holes for the bumpers and fenders?

Old 12-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Neither. They both look too "ricer" IMHO. Keep it looking sleeper bro.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a narrowbody 996, just get the GT3RS kit and the updated headlights.
If it's a widebody, get the GT2 kit or maybe Techart if you want to go wild.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
I do like the GT3 RS.
I do like the GT2.

But, the RSR is a race car. The picture on the right shown in here is a poorly done car. I just used it to show the headlights.

No one has answered any of my questions.

1. Will 02-04 headlights fit my 2000 C2 narrow body?

2. Will the 02-04 bumpers fit without any modifications?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
The one on the right belongs to a TS member, and I believe it's far from poorly done.
1. Not an expert, but I believe so.
2. - " -

Old 12-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cayennes2083 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I like the one on the right as long as this is a race car, if it's a street car...RICE

Old 12-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Somebody on TS has a widebody 996, possibly with a 997 front end conversion? Anyone remember? I believe it was white.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:33 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
That is BruceM's car I believe.

If you're asking whether or not the body shop will have to modify it, the answer is yes. Unless you have an OEM piece, no matter what the manufacturer says or how high quality it is the body shop will usually have to do more then just prep and paint it. That's my experience with body kits.

Quick Reply: 996 Body Kits