Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

wtf is it with the 05's?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
wtf is it with the 05's?

just had 05 #3 drop the motor IDLING in the parking lot.... all three were idling..... just blows my mind porsche would put their name on something so poorly made.. all had around 15k miles lol

Old 11-17-2009, 03:30 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously?
Where there any mechanical changes to the 06's ?

Old 11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I know someone with a 05 C2 that had the engine replaced at 40,000km

Old 11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Baron
just had 05 #3 drop the motor IDLING in the parking lot.... all three were idling..... just blows my mind porsche would put their name on something so poorly made.. all had around 15k miles lol
Your on Rennlist as well, right?

Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ozz2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe this has something to do with the IMS failure? Or is this a another issue in itself?

Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Your on Rennlist as well, right?
on and off, the techs use that account more

Old 11-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
I know of a couple 40,000 mile car that are DD and tracked w/o a lick of an issue.

Interesting non the less.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
aznevoviii is an unknown quantity at this point
what was the problem with it?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Baron
on and off, the techs use that account more
There was someone who posted on RL whom had MULTIPLE engine failures. That's why I asked.

I'm not saying anything other then its very suspicious. You might want to look into who has contact with the car.

The likelyhood of 2, let alone 3 engine failures from Porsche is HIGHLY rare. So I'd look into who has access to the car. Who works on it.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
There was someone who posted on RL whom had MULTIPLE engine failures. That's why I asked.

I'm not saying anything other then its very suspicious. You might want to look into who has contact with the car.

The likelyhood of 2, let alone 3 engine failures from Porsche is HIGHLY rare. So I'd look into who has access to the car. Who works on it.
two came in as trade ins in our used car end both blew while being brought out for test drives(makes a great impression on 1st time p car buyers...), the third was waiting outside to be ppi'd for us to buy(thank god we didnt two days earlier), all three were only dealer(2 diff, usually good, ones) serviced which isnt sayin much but still i doubt they did anything incredibly stupid, and 2 or three engine failures is nothing in a high volume shop, we've replaced almost 15 boxster and 996 motors, the suspicious part is these were very low mileage cars, the others were all upper mileage(50k+)... i just work in the office so idk about ne mech changes but ill find out and let u no, imo the 05's just seem to have some voodoo hex curse lol