Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Need more exotic and aggressive sound for 09 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009 | 10:18 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
rocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant future
Need more exotic and aggressive sound for 09 C2S

I am new to the modding game...would like to gain a more exotic, more aggressive sound for my 2009 C2S with PDK
I have read thru many posts and I am confused due to many diff. opinions

What is a relatively simple and relatively inexpensive way to accomplish this ?

Manufacturer and specific parts would be appreciated ? Thanks

Old 06-30-2009 | 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Rocketman,

welcome to TS.

I think this one sounds awsome.
www.sharkwerks.com

There a sponser here. Great rep.

Old 06-30-2009 | 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
You need to get a new exhaust system coupled with a remapped ECU to handle the newly unrestricted air flow.

There are many, many tuners out there that would do this job competently for you. Some shops will do both the exhaust and the tune. Others do just the exhaust and use a third party company for the tune (e.g., Protomotive or Powerchip). Either way is fine.

Prefabricated exhaust systems will be less expensive than a custom exhaust system. I believe that a custom built system will last longer and be better adapted to the needs of your car. But the price difference is pretty steep.

I got my 997TT exhaust from BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach, CA. Betim is one of the best custom fabricators I have ever met (probably the very best). He built and installed my exhaust and then worked closely with Powerchip to tune my ECU for more aggressive timing allowed by the new air flow. The car is now a certified beast.

There are a lot of shops that will build you an exhaust and then ship it to you wherever you are. You can then have a local shop install it. Personally, I don't like this technique as much as having the same shop fabricate and install. But many people do it separately and it works out fine.

Getting a prefabricated exhaust will save you money. If you have a good relationship with a local shop, they can usually do the labor for a lot less than the "book" would dictate. That could save you some money there as well.

A good, quality exhaust and ECU tune should run you no less than around $4,000. Anything less than that would make me skeptical. Just an exhaust can be had for as cheaply as $2,500 plus about $800 labor. Then an ECU tune can run anywhere from $500 - $1,000.

These mods will really wake the car up, improve throttle response and make it sound as wicked as you want. But always remember, these mods do not increase the value of the car upon resale. In fact, they can even hurt the value at times. That is just part of the modding game. You can be sure that whatever you spend on mods, you will never recouperate on resale. But who cares? It's fun while it lasts!

Oh, and beware, modding can become very addicting!!

Betim's number at BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach (also a board sponsor) is 714.843.0200. Give him a ring and tell him Dana referred you. He will tell you everything you need to know.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-30-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2009 | 12:29 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
rocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant future
Can I get a noticeable improvement by using one of the center muffler bypass
systems ? They seem to be the simplest and least expensive but do they really do anything ?

Old 06-30-2009 | 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rocketman
Can I get a noticeable improvement by using one of the center muffler bypass
systems ? They seem to be the simplest and least expensive but do they really do anything ?
I don't know much about that system. But here is a recent post discussing it. See the section below the vacuum line discussion.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/2496...nd-buster.html

I hope that is helpful.

Old 06-30-2009 | 05:18 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Rocket - Sponsor Manhattan Motorsports (Bobby Sign) has a great shop now in Roslyn, he can do the perfect install for ya just figure which exhaust you want

Old 06-30-2009 | 05:59 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rocketman
I am new to the modding game...would like to gain a more exotic, more aggressive sound for my 2009 C2S with PDK
I have read thru many posts and I am confused due to many diff. opinions

What is a relatively simple and relatively inexpensive way to accomplish this ?

Manufacturer and specific parts would be appreciated ? Thanks
Hey Rocketman... I'd say give our set up a whirl. There's a money-back offer etc.. if for some reason you don't like it. It's a subtle/simple set up that gets you a few ponies as well

YouTube - SharkWerks 2009 Porsche 997S Project Car: TechArt, HRE & EVOMSit

http://sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=193

Old 06-30-2009 | 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
^Now that's a win win!!

Old 06-30-2009 | 07:31 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Sharky like the tubi ?

YouTube - 997 2 C4S Tubi

Old 06-30-2009 | 07:34 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by sharky
Hey Rocketman... I'd say give our set up a whirl. There's a money-back offer etc.. if for some reason you don't like it. It's a subtle/simple set up that gets you a few ponies as well

YouTube - SharkWerks 2009 Porsche 997S Project Car: TechArt, HRE & EVOMSit

http://sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=193
Money back offer? U can't beat this shark geez!

Quick Reply: Need more exotic and aggressive sound for 09 C2S