Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Lowered 997 with H&R springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009 | 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
carrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to all
Thansk for the kind words Gents.

The wheels are OEM SDs but I had them powder coated to Matte Black. Here is that process/change

Attached Images  
Old 06-15-2009 | 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
dksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to alldksu1 is a name known to all
how much does it cost to powder coat all 4 wheels?

Old 07-03-2009 | 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
carrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to allcarrera mike is a name known to all
Smile

Originally Posted by dksu1
Are those oem painted carrera sport designs? By any chance are you selling your wheels? They are nice
I had them powder coated to Matte Black and pin striped the myself.
Sorry not selling them. I promised my self just to keep one set this time. I had coiuple of extra set back then on my 996 & 993 and took space and dried out in weather. not doing that again.

Old 07-03-2009 | 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Are those oem painted carrera sport designs? By any chance are you selling your wheels? They are nice
how much does it cost to powder coat all 4 wheels?
$95 each wheel. I also had my exhaust tips ceramic powder coated.

Old 07-03-2009 | 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Smile

Originally Posted by mtechnik
What a difference...definitely a must do. Looks great sir!!
Originally Posted by ATL
Very nice, subtle but it does make a big difference.

Btw, how would you guys compare H&R springs to Eibach? I believe Eibach manufactures the TechArt springs, I've been told they are identical but rebranded for TA.
TA are made by Eibach to TA specs. I have heard they are softer and only lowers the car 1" vice 1.25" for H&R which are a tad stiffer.

Old 07-04-2009 | 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
CarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura aboutCarGuy56 has a spectacular aura about
looks great and nice pictures showing the before & after

Old 07-04-2009 | 08:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great. I had the H&R sport springs on my Cayman S before I went with coil overs.
However the S has the same ride height as a Carrera, it is PASM that gives you the 10mm lower stance.

Old 07-05-2009 | 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
skizot will become famous soon enoughskizot will become famous soon enoughskizot will become famous soon enoughskizot will become famous soon enoughskizot will become famous soon enoughskizot will become famous soon enoughskizot will become famous soon enoughskizot will become famous soon enoughskizot will become famous soon enoughskizot will become famous soon enough
I am very curious to know what you paid for parts and install (unless you installed yourself?) The reason I ask is that when I purchased my pcar, it already had H&R coils installed and curious to know what the previous owner roughly might have paid.

I have heard others complain about H&R, but I love mine, even with sport or PASM active.

Old 07-05-2009 | 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that made a huge difference looks great.

Old 07-05-2009 | 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond reputebbywu has a reputation beyond repute
Just an FYI...there is a much better and consistent way to measure your drop...especially if you expect the springs to settle:

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Lowered 997 with H&R springs