Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Wife drove my C4S today...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009 | 08:43 PM
|
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
She sounds like she is definitely a keeper. Are you the slightest bit worried about her parallel parking it? You know, the whole "oops I didn't realize the curb was that close...." thing????

Also, didn't you recently own a "nicely optioned Cayman????"

Cheers!!!!!!
I know her - she'll park in the last spot in the last row in the upper deck of a parking lot. No parallel required... She'd rather walk than curb the wheels!

As far as the Cayman, I tried to convince her to keep it and let me trade in the A3, but she doesn't drive stick.

Old 03-22-2009 | 06:30 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
you guys underestimating women driving, bad boys..
Chris.. i am glad your wife loved it.

I wonder if jox will let me drive his car

Old 03-22-2009 | 08:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bonita
you guys underestimating women driving, bad boys..
Chris.. i am glad your wife loved it.

I wonder if jox will let me drive his car
Dye your hair blond next time and you might have a shot at getting to drive that silver rustbucket of his.

Old 03-22-2009 | 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
AND LOVED IT!!!

She was very worried about driving such an expensive car, but I told her it'd be fine - just like her Audi, but more "tight". At first she took it very easy, but then I got her to open it up a little bit. Then I hit "Sport" with the PDK....

Needless to say, she's hooked now. Looks like we'll replace her A3 in a year with a nicely-optioned Cayman. When I'm ready to order my next 911, she'll get the current one. Damn, I feel like I married the right woman!
Man i know people who would buy a Manual not for the fun of it, but just so their wives don't drive it. I admire your courage. REP!

Old 03-22-2009 | 05:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Anne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond reputeAnne has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Sounds like you got a winner, Chris! Glad to hear she could handle the power and didn't wreck it! I'm always nervous about letting women drive my cars.
I'm always nervous about letting anyone drive my cars....

Chris, lets hope she will get just as hooked as you. You will then have a great time going tracking together etc.

I think that if you have a beautiful and expensive Porsche car, and you really learn to appreciate what it stands for and is good for, you will think carefully about where and how you park it. It´s probably different if you have an old VW or something. I also think that to take the care to the track will make you understand how outstanding the handling of these cars are, and you will appreciate the car even more as a daily drive as well.
So guys, get your girlfriends and wives into Porsche cars and on to the tracks, and I can almost guarantee they will get hooked and that you will get a lot of fun, and much more interesting conversation at home. Well, it goes for many girls I think, probably some differences from country to country.....

Old 03-22-2009 | 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Thats sick Chris!

Did you get the PDK because of her or did you just want to try something new?

Old 03-23-2009 | 03:11 PM
|
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Anne
I'm always nervous about letting anyone drive my cars....

Chris, lets hope she will get just as hooked as you. You will then have a great time going tracking together etc.

I think that if you have a beautiful and expensive Porsche car, and you really learn to appreciate what it stands for and is good for, you will think carefully about where and how you park it. It´s probably different if you have an old VW or something. I also think that to take the care to the track will make you understand how outstanding the handling of these cars are, and you will appreciate the car even more as a daily drive as well.
So guys, get your girlfriends and wives into Porsche cars and on to the tracks, and I can almost guarantee they will get hooked and that you will get a lot of fun, and much more interesting conversation at home. Well, it goes for many girls I think, probably some differences from country to country.....
Thanks for the kind words. This is my third Porsche, so I'm well-versed in parking it away. Even though I think I'm obsessed, my wife is even more protective. I'll never complain about that, though!! As far as tracking it goes, I need to get my head around the thought of balling up $100K+ before I do it. I definitely would love to let 'er rip though...

Old 03-23-2009 | 03:13 PM
|
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar
Thats sick Chris!

Did you get the PDK because of her or did you just want to try something new?
It was part of the launch edition for the C4S - I loved every other option, so I decided what the hell and give PDK a try. I was an early adopter of DSG, so why not? It's pretty fun, but nothing beat a manual transmission for involvement.

Old 03-24-2009 | 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
maxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nicemaxwell is just really nice
Chris, thats great you got her hooked. Whenever my wife drives mine Im always amazed how hard she gets on it, then lets out a wooo! It feels so different riding in the passenger seat when you're not holding on to the steering wheel....you really get a sense of the torque.

You gotta get it out to the track man....not to worry, it's about impossible to crack up an awd porsche. Pretty much corrects your mistakes for you.

Old 03-24-2009 | 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
RJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond reputeRJH&CO. has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
AND LOVED IT!!!

She was very worried about driving such an expensive car, but I told her it'd be fine - just like her Audi, but more "tight". At first she took it very easy, but then I got her to open it up a little bit. Then I hit "Sport" with the PDK....

Needless to say, she's hooked now. Looks like we'll replace her A3 in a year with a nicely-optioned Cayman. When I'm ready to order my next 911, she'll get the current one. Damn, I feel like I married the right woman!

i could have told you that Boss. She's a GEM to say the least. I really think you guys make an Awesome Couple.

Quick Reply: Wife drove my C4S today...