Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: IPD Plenum or Softronic
Plenum
55.56%
Softronic
44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

$900 To Spend

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond reputeTomR has a reputation beyond repute
Here's some food for thought. Although I have no direct experience with Softronic other then reviews I have read online, I do have some knowledge of the EVOMSit software. What most important to consider is not so much the end result of how much faster your car will be, but more importantly, what steps were taken to achieve that result.

Before EVOMS releases a tune for a particular car, there's a few steps you can be sure have been taken. Before that particular file was released it has been tested over and over again both on the dyno and on the street. Each file goes through extensive data-logging under both conditions to insure that the vehicle will perform as advertised. It also insures that the vehicle is safely operating within the tolerances of the existing hardware.

EVOMS has years of experience tuning Porsches, whether it be relatively simple ECU upgrades or complete high horsepower packages (like the recently released EVT850), all with proven results. I think that speaks volumes for the quality of the product you can expect.

And of course, what good would my advice be without a shameless plug....we'd be happy to take care of the ECU for you. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can arrange the shipping and pricing details. Our 10% off website launch sale is still in effect...and guess what, it even covers EVOMSit software.