Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

leather interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008 | 09:11 PM
bvb
|
Teamspeed Rookie
bvb is an unknown quantity at this point
leather interior

Does anyone have any good experience / information on what is necessary to order above & beyond "full leather" to actually achieve a nicely appointed leather interior??
The current process appears so cumbersome and non-intuitive.

Why doesn't Porsche offer 3 or 4 packages of leather trim from seat fronts only to the entire interior and you simply pick one???

Old 11-12-2008 | 09:24 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If you order full leather, make sure you get the rear center console in leather, the gear level trim in leather (the piece between the PCM console and the gear shifter), and the storage lid in leather. Then you've got cow across the dash and down the middle... The rest is just extras.

Old 11-12-2008 | 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
If you order full leather, make sure you get the rear center console in leather, the gear level trim in leather (the piece between the PCM console and the gear shifter), and the storage lid in leather. Then you've got cow across the dash and down the middle... The rest is just extras.
exactly what I was gonna say, what Chris listed are the essentials the other options are nice but not necessary like b-pillar in leather, or steering coloumn cassing in leather

Old 11-12-2008 | 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Inside door finishers/scuff plate, dome light cover, mirror, sunvisors, clothes hooks and sport seat-backs are essential too IMHO.

The fuse box cover and column are nice, but not a must-have.

Old 11-13-2008 | 01:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
I guess i'm just repeating what some said, but honeslty there are a couple of parts here and there where you beleive it is important to have in leather, but when you are actually driving the car you really don't see these things at all.. so basically its a waste of money..

Me for an example had alot of parts which i wanted in leather, steering column, center console, lid, b-pillars, roof linning, sun visor, inner door sill.. But after driving a demo 997 i realized that you can cut this list in half, and the only essential things (in my opinion offcourse) which i ordered on my C2S were, interior in full leather, center console in leather, lid in leather with CARRERA S logo.. and that was it!!

trust me you don't want to be surround with one single color, my interior is terracotta and honeslty i really beleive that the black rooflinning and black steering column and inner door sills make the terracotta seem much richer, and i also beleive that you need to break the colors here & there..

wow.. sorry for the long reply

Old 11-13-2008 | 03:14 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
You can't forget that trim piece between the PCM and shifter. It's small, but SUPER noticeable when it's not there. Looking for a pic now...

Here you go - check out the stitching by the PCM then notice it "skips" then stitching on the shift boot. With the gear lever trim in leather, it's one smooth transition.

Last edited by Chris from Cali; 11-13-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2008 | 07:37 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Still to this date I think it is BS that all 911's don't come standard with full leather!

Old 11-14-2008 | 09:45 PM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by DJ
Still to this date I think it is BS that all 911's don't come standard with full leather!
Agreed - all the big guns (Porsche, BMW, Ferrari, Lambo) are the masters of nickel and diming to death. Lambo charges extra to have "Lamborghini" badging in the car!!!!! F that....

Old 11-15-2008 | 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ

some people just want to have a 911 and they don't want to send the extra money.. but i beleive that porsche should make the full leather an option on the C2 & C4, but on the other hand, make it standard on the C2S & C4S..

Last edited by 911 S; 11-15-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 11-15-2008 | 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Neijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond reputeNeijia has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bvb
The current process appears so cumbersome and non-intuitive.
Yes, it can be cumbersome... if it's your first time. This is all the full leather I can handle; any more would just take away the aesthetics

Oh, you meant the car

Quick Reply: leather interior