Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Hungry rat

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008 | 08:24 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
I would just return the damn thing.
Thats scary

Old 10-31-2008 | 10:26 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
mass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond reputemass has a reputation beyond repute
Got the car back. Everything seems to be working fine so far. They had to remove the engine, AC compressor, fuel lines, drivers seat, etc etc. Seems like a lot of things to touch for minor repair.

I'll be crossing my fingers.

Old 10-31-2008 | 10:29 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mass
Got the car back. Everything seems to be working fine so far. They had to remove the engine, AC compressor, fuel lines, drivers seat, etc etc. Seems like a lot of things to touch for minor repair.

I'll be crossing my fingers.
Glad you got it back, but that does suck they had to do all that to fix it especially considering it's brand new. I would watch it like a hawk, one little thing goes wrong, take it back and raise hell and get a new car. Hopefully it ends here.

Old 10-31-2008 | 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Glad they've got it fixed. I know it sucks to have anything go wrong with your dream car. But hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on. Enjoy it safely.

Old 10-31-2008 | 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I had a rat crawl into my engine compartment when I was parked at the University of Cincinnati one winter. When I came to get in my car, i turned it on and my power steering wouldnt work. I drove it about a minute and realized the car was starting to heat up so I stopped it immediately and had it towed to the audi dealer. They opened the hood the next day and found the legs of the rat severed near the front fan blades on the engine. The whole engine was covered in blood and rat parts. They had to replace one of my belts and clean the engine out. Said it was the first time they saw anything like that...I guess the oil pan was a blood bath.

Old 10-31-2008 | 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Also forgot to mention...for my service ticket, they simply stated "vermin removal."

Old 10-31-2008 | 12:56 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin2772
They opened the hood the next day and found the legs of the rat severed near the front fan blades on the engine. The whole engine was covered in blood and rat parts. ...I guess the oil pan was a blood bath.
That is disgusting! Brb, going to lunch now!

Old 10-31-2008 | 01:58 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Mass, glad it all worked out Pal!! Now enjoy the ride..

Old 10-31-2008 | 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Not sure, ask your wife...
Now that - is funny.