Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

VF Engineering 996 & 997 Supercharger Kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the rough
VF Engineering 996 & 997 Supercharger Kits

We are proud to carry the full VF Engineering product line including their powerful & very reliable forced induction kits. VF offers supercharger kits for BMW, VW & Porsche applications. They also offer big turbo upgrades for the very popular 2.0T engine found in the VW MkV GTI, Audi A3, Audi TT & Audi A4. VF prides itself in making the most powerful kits without sacrificing an ounce of reliability. As a potential or current customer, you have the full support of Redline Motorworks as well as VF Engineering to answer any questions you may have before or after purchasing your kit.
Here is the list of available 996 & 997 Supercharger Kits. If you are interested in a supercharger kit for your BMW or VW or a big turbo kit for your 2.0T, please feel free to PM me or email me at info@redline-motorworks.com and we will take care of you.

Porsche 996 Carrera 3.4L Supercharger Kit 99-01 (VFK12-01)
Specs:
6 psi
420 hp
340 lb-ft
Retail Price: $10,500 + shipping

Porsche 996 Carrera 3.6L Supercharger Kit 02-05 (VFK12-02)
Specs:
6 psi
470 hp
360 lb-ft
Retail Price: $11,500 + shipping

Porsche 997 Carrera Supercharger Kit (VFK59-01)
Specs:
6 psi
470 hp
365 lb-ft
0-60 in 4.2 seconds
11.58 1/4 mile time at 123 mph
Retail Price: $12,000 + shipping

Porsche 997 Carrera S Supercharger Kit (VFK60-01)
Specs:
6 psi
475 hp
370 lb-ft
0-60 in 4.1 seconds
11.45 1/4 mile time at 124 mph
Retail Price: $12,500 + shipping

***PLEASE PM ME FOR PRICING!***

Be sure to include your FULL ADDRESS so I can calculate a shipping quote. Be sure to include the following information:
Model & Year
Carrera or Carrera S?
Manual or tiptronic?
C2 or C4?

All kits now come with the new Vortech V3 supercharger. The V3 is a self contained oil supercharger which does not require the use of any oil lines. This makes for a much cleaner and quicker installation!

All kits come standard with a polished finish & an unlimited miles, limited 3 year product warranty.

We recommend professional installation.

If you are ready to place an order or have any questions, please feel free to PM me or email me directly at info@redline-motorworks.com

You may also contact us by phone at 570.577.4615.

Thank you very much!

Andrew @ Redline Motorworks

Old 10-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond repute
That's about 2 Grand too cheap.

Snatch this up, boys. I've had mine for 23k miles, ran the piss out of it... track it ALL the time, flawless.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
I've been wanting to do this but my CPO warranty is good until March 2011... should just wait? I know a lot of people also say just get a used 996TT instead. What do you guys think?

Old 10-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond reputeBlakt Out has a reputation beyond repute
I bought my blower at the same time as my car, waited the 2k break in, and had it installed. No worries here. So, I'd do it again if it were me. It depends on your driving, but on backroads and for pure enjoyment, the 996TT is inferior to a 997S. I know I say that like it's fact, but, to me it is. I've had a ton of time in one on NC/TN backroads.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I want to add something here, to my last post.

A TT is a bad choice. I'm sorry to all you owners out there. It depends on where you live and what your roads/intents are. But this dude lives near me. A 996TT is more of a driver's car than the 997TT, I think everyone that has driven both much would agree. You have a car already that can go anywhere you want to/can take it. My car will show you that if you want to come drive it. It's faster and better than a GT3 or TT, even built severely, on a track or backroad. BUT, I've got a buttload of cash into it. Before diving all the way in, consider a 996 or 997 GT3. They don't have the power or grunt of a 3.8SC, but they're sweeter revving and have a smoother decel, along with a higher rev limiter. They still need some suspension work to be stellar. I think any hard-driven 911 needs Motons, now that I've ran the gambit with suspensions on this car. But this is a SC thread. Unless the road doesn't ever turn, the 3.8SC is the quickest car. If you drive on an airstrip, the TT is the way to go. I'm exaggerating here, but AWD takes steering feel, lights it on fire, and chucks it out the window. I have MUCH experience with hard-driving in a highly modded 997TT. It just has no soul.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the roughRedlineMotorworks is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Blakt Out
That's about 2 Grand too cheap.

Snatch this up, boys. I've had mine for 23k miles, ran the piss out of it... track it ALL the time, flawless.
Thanks for the post. I saw your thread with the video of your VF'd 997. Looks great to say the least.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:09 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Blakt Out
I want to add something here, to my last post.

A TT is a bad choice. I'm sorry to all you owners out there. It depends on where you live and what your roads/intents are. But this dude lives near me. A 996TT is more of a driver's car than the 997TT, I think everyone that has driven both much would agree. You have a car already that can go anywhere you want to/can take it. My car will show you that if you want to come drive it. It's faster and better than a GT3 or TT, even built severely, on a track or backroad. BUT, I've got a buttload of cash into it. Before diving all the way in, consider a 996 or 997 GT3. They don't have the power or grunt of a 3.8SC, but they're sweeter revving and have a smoother decel, along with a higher rev limiter. They still need some suspension work to be stellar. I think any hard-driven 911 needs Motons, now that I've ran the gambit with suspensions on this car. But this is a SC thread. Unless the road doesn't ever turn, the 3.8SC is the quickest car. If you drive on an airstrip, the TT is the way to go. I'm exaggerating here, but AWD takes steering feel, lights it on fire, and chucks it out the window. I have MUCH experience with hard-driving in a highly modded 997TT. It just has no soul.
Interesting point. I also like the exterior styling of the 997 better than the 996. In terms of warranty, the SC voids it immediately right? (similar to doing anything on the GT-R)

Old 10-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Blakt Out

Having compared the SC to the TT back to back, do you find that you have enough torque with the SC to be happy?

I've often thought that going the route you've gone might be the best for anything other than pure acceleration. You'd have the RWD feel, lightness and agility of the lighter C2 platform, more power than a GT3, and a PSM safety net when you want it. My only hesitation is the fear that the SC engine would have the same feel as the GT3, as in plenty of power up top, but a bit gutless at low to mid rpm, the exact place you find yourself in some corners, where you're too fast for 2nd gear, but bogging a bit in 3rd.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
Interesting point. I also like the exterior styling of the 997 better than the 996. In terms of warranty, the SC voids it immediately right? (similar to doing anything on the GT-R)
I love this conversation because I know I can help here. It's funny that this started out as an advertisement. Redline, Delius and Nik at VF know my car well, so they know that I'm representing it correctly here. They had it for over a month just going through it, making sure it was good for a very hardcore magazine test comparo (not to be expounded upon right now). It was up to the fight, for sure.

I agree about the styling of the 997 being better than that of the 996. But I'm trying to stay away from blatant opinions here, because everything I'm telling you is just that. But I've had some experiences that have allowed me to form objective opinions that I think can be useful to someone asking the questions you guys are asking.

Here's how I'll answer your question about warranty:
If you install the SC, you will no longer have an ENGINE warranty. If the failure of a part can be traced back to the blower, then you have no warranty. Since installing my SC, I've had numerous warranty issues (most recently, a ball joint). They have all been covered. But if my engine pops, no warranty on that.

Look at this too. I've run my car very hard, all the time. Not abuse, mind you. I don't miss downshifts. But it's been perfect. No issues. If you blow a motor, it's $10k plus core, roughly. Think about that. It could be much worse. A GT3 engine, however, I believe is around $45k. Yup.

Weigh out the options and risk. I think people exaggerate the risk in their own minds and end up with a lesser car. But I normally don't mind risk. For more thoughts, look at this next post I'm about to make in response to Pmac.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by PMac
Blakt Out

Having compared the SC to the TT back to back, do you find that you have enough torque with the SC to be happy?

I've often thought that going the route you've gone might be the best for anything other than pure acceleration. You'd have the RWD feel, lightness and agility of the lighter C2 platform, more power than a GT3, and a PSM safety net when you want it. My only hesitation is the fear that the SC engine would have the same feel as the GT3, as in plenty of power up top, but a bit gutless at low to mid rpm, the exact place you find yourself in some corners, where you're too fast for 2nd gear, but bogging a bit in 3rd.
I have no where near the amount of torque of a tuned turbo. Nope. But the engine feels better to me on real roads. No lag. I hate lag. If you don't have experience with turbos (not you, specifically, but anyone), and you always hear the 'lag' thing... don't underestimate it. It really sucks. I see no way for someone to feel 'at one' with a car when it does what you tell it to after a pause.

I do believe that the route I've gone is the best. It's taken me a long time to get there, but I do believe. UNLESS, I just went GT3 and was ok without the power. My engine does NOT feel at all like that of a GT3. There are pros and cons to each here. My car has 50 lb/ft MORE torque than a GT3. That's 17% more. It's there and you can tell it. I drove my car and a 997 GT3 back to back this past week in a really wonderful stretch of curvy coastal NorCal road (PCH). The two cars are also geared differently. The GT3 engine is butterier. It really is. It's very beautiful to drive. My car with the SC is more thrilling though. The GT3 goes further 'up top' too. But mine makes 75 more HP. You WILL NOT find yourself without the grunt mid-corner with a boosted 3.8. It just won't happen. For me to keep this promise though, you gotta add a lightweight flywheel at the same time that you add your limited slip. If you don't want to do the limited slip, don't supercharge your 3.8. It's useless. The LSD and LWFW open up all the opportunity in these cars. Maybe Redline can just give a package deal on all three things.

So that's what I think. In reading my other post, I think I might have been a bit foggy on some things. It was hard to read. Hopefully this makes more sense, or you can just ask me.

Quick Reply: VF Engineering 996 & 997 Supercharger Kits