Notices
991 | 997 | 996 General Porsche Water Cooled 911 Discussion Forum.

Factory sports exhaust

Old 09-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
ameer is an unknown quantity at this point
Factory sports exhaust

First of all i would like to say hello to everyone in the community, i have been lurking around for a few days, and i must say i really like your forum.

Now for my question: I am looking at a '07 Carrera S, and the only option that i desire and this car lacks is the factory sports exhaust. Is it retrofitable? Or should i go with an aftermarket exhaust. I like the sound of the factory sports exhaust and the fact that you can make it quieter if you so desire.

Thanks

Old 09-30-2008, 07:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I heard about 9ff giving the possibility to switch the exahaust tone from loud to LOUD ...but I don't know if it was for the Carrera S...probably the Turbo...I saw a Youtube video time ago.
Anyway I think that factory sport exhaust can be added later...and sounds very very good

Old 10-07-2008, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
the factory exhaust does sound nice.. but i think its a hassle to install it later, cause u need to install the switch and its wiring plus the exhaust..

but honestly if u buy a car that has no Factory Sports Exhaust, u are better off buying an aftermarket exhaust..

hope this helps

Old 10-16-2008, 04:09 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thank a lot for your answers. Anything else i should be looking at when buying the car? How much does a clutch last in normal 911?

Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the site Ameer. There are a lot of aftermarket exhausts that sound better (and actually provide HP gain) the PSE only provides sound, and like everyone else said can be a pain to install if you're putting in the switch vs just a bolt on exhaust. For the price of the PSE (esp if you're buying it new) you can get a great aftermarket exhaust.

Clutch will depend on if you're tracking it or driving like miss daisy.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
I am not going to track it, but the car will definitely be driven as it was meant to be. And some city driving as well.
Any recommendations on after market exhausts?

Thanks for your help. I will post pics soon if i decide to go ahead with this purchase.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:51 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
p0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura aboutp0rsch3 has a spectacular aura about
Welcome!!
What are you looking for in an exhaust?

-Just a bit meaner than stock but still quiet inside the cabin (usually no HP gains here)
-somewhat agressive and a bit louder inside the car (some HP gains here)
-very agressive and medium loud in the car (better HP/TQ gains here)
-insanely loud outside and inside the car (some HP gain, possible loss of TQ here)

There are a lot of choices in mufflers! Determining what might best suit your preference will narrow down the right one for you.

I've used Agency Power, well made and on the mellower side.
I presently have AfterHours sport pipes, cup car sound and very good added HP / TQ. firmly on the louder side.

You will find some good guidance here. Good luck with your purchase.
Here are some "gratuitous" exhaust videos of my 997. I hope they get your blood pumping to go buy that 07!
https://teamspeed.com/forums/997-996...tml#post150631

Last edited by p0rsch3; 10-17-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
ameer, you might consider the following exhaust systems:
- Tubi: Tubi Style Sports Exhausts for the Porsche 911 [997] (check the video section on the left side)
- CARGRAPHIC: Cargraphic Porsche und Audi Tuning, Felgen, sportives Zubehoer
- FABSPEED: http://www.fabspeed.com/997_997S_997GT3.html
- techART: SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California (510-651-0300)
- GMG WC exhasut for the 997/ 997S: GMG Racing - Porsche Exhausts - GMG 996TT 996GT2 WC Exhaust, Cargraphic, AWE Tuning, and Tubi Exhaust Systems

Last edited by 911 S; 10-18-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thanks for the links guys, it helped a lot, i will look into this once i get my car. I will post pics soon if the deal goes through!

Old 10-23-2008, 09:23 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ameer
Thanks for the links guys, it helped a lot, i will look into this once i get my car. I will post pics soon if the deal goes through!
If you want a used PSE with 5k miles on it I know a guy selling his for $800...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory sports exhaust