Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Any thoughts on an Ipod integration?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:06 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
The website is not good, no question, and not up to date. We have plenty of '08 Porsches with Dension units in them, no problem at all.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the rough
Eric, is there a Video solution with the Dension? Perhaps from an external drive or a Dvd player?

Old 08-19-2008, 08:19 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
There is a video adapter for the Dension, but it only ports video to rear panels, NOT the pcm (too many legal issues).

Old 08-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the roughSRatha is a jewel in the rough
Eric,
If am not in the US, so no legal issues to worry about, is there a system for me? perhaps just a matter of a code rewrite?

Old 08-20-2008, 03:52 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Nothing that can be supplied by the mfr. Only a hacker could help.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
The website is not good, no question, and not up to date. We have plenty of '08 Porsches with Dension units in them, no problem at all.
Are any of your final users members of TS?

Old 08-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Teamspeed Member
InTheAir is an unknown quantity at this point
Gray -

I have the Dension unit in my 2007, if you had specific questions.

With regard to whether it will work on a 2008 PCM, there is no reason why it shouldn't (both 2007 and 2008 PCMs are the same, to my knowledge). There are also many Dension users with 2008 PCMs at other forums (I presume some here too).

As to why Dension doesn't specifically list the 2008 in their compatibility listing---well, (forgive me, Eric) Dension sucks at writing--their "install instructions", website, etc. suck. But, that said, they do make "the" iPod solution for Porsche PCM-equipped cars.

I've been relatively happy with mine. I LOVE being able to play my songs via playlists, artist, or album. The operation works great. I wish the interface was a bit easier to navigate, but I'll take it nonetheless.

I would definitely try again with a new unit and new firmware.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:57 PM
MJS
Teamspeed Member
MJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud of
im in for dension 500 group buy, anyone else?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MsGreta is an unknown quantity at this point
I have the Dension unit in my new 2008 997TT. It has its issues, but for the most part it works great - I have my nano plugged in all the time. I like to play the same playlists over and over, and sometimes it resets itself to a different playlist, but I just reset it. Love having my ipod in my car (hidden in glove box of course)

Old 09-01-2008, 05:41 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by MJS
im in for dension 500 group buy, anyone else?
OK, let's do a TeamSpeed Dension Gateway 500 group buy.

Details:

Price will be released within 21 days. Let's gather the momentum, tell all your friends, and get on this list for the best price deal.

Just email me, mention TeamSpeed GW500 in the subject, and give me your model/year/full address, and we'll put the list together. In 21 days I'll email everyone on the list with the pricing details (well below list price, of course), and we'll get this deal done.

GW500 applies to ALL Porsche vehicles, 2003 and newer. Works with PCM and NON PCM Porsche radios.

Does not apply to any sales prior to today, please.

No $ obligation to get on the list. Please understand the volume of the group will help push pricing as low as possible, so we won't release pricing until the 21 days are up.

OK, everyone? GET LISTED!