Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Need a little advice on options

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Badknees is an unknown quantity at this point
Need a little advice on options

Trying to spec a Turbo S. Need to hear some sage advice. I'm an old guy whose track days are behind me.

GT Silver
Black interior
Park Assist
Power Steering Plus
Classic wheels
18 way sport seats
Luggage Net
Smokers Pkg
Seat Ventilation
Seat Heating
Sport Design Steering Wheel in Alcantara

The radio is never on, so I skip the Burmester
My skin is 'cancer friendly', so no sunroofs or cabrios.

I chose the classic wheel because I'm nervous about Centerlock issues, and the user-friendliness of non-centerlocks.

Should the Classic Wheels be black with a silver car?

I could consider Rhodium Silver, Black/Platinum Gray interior

I didn't choose multifunction wheel because I like the feel of alcantara on a steering wheel.

What do y'all think? I agonize over these decisions. Thanks.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Not bad though not my choice of colours.

Don't need seat vent imo. Heating is enough.
I would add alcantara pdk shifter
Mobile phone ready also (bluetooth)
Colored belts and dials as well

Not that many more options you can add to the S. I added in a rear wiper as well and privacy glass all round + floormats + alum pedals + elec side mirrors. Pretty much it.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Is PCCB standard on the TTS?

Old 01-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MC321
Is PCCB standard on the TTS?
yes

Old 01-20-2014, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by JonnybravoM3
Not bad though not my choice of colours.

Don't need seat vent imo. Heating is enough.
I would add alcantara pdk shifter
Mobile phone ready also (bluetooth)
Colored belts and dials as well

Not that many more options you can add to the S. I added in a rear wiper as well and privacy glass all round + floormats + alum pedals + elec side mirrors. Pretty much it.
I wasn't sure what the various phone related options actually did?

Alcantara shifter - will have to think about that one.
Folding mirrors - I can add that.

Thanks.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
On the Options page there should be little question marks next to the option tick box. These give the descriptions of each option.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by JonnybravoM3
On the Options page there should be little question marks next to the option tick box. These give the descriptions of each option.
Thanks, but I still don't understand all the nuances. I'm still living in the last century, techwise.

The 3D versions seem to have more info, too.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
]I don't like the ventilated seats as I had them in a Cab before and they work poorly, heated are good, I would also loose the 18 way seats the 4 way are fine and the 18 way are very heavy. Good call on the smokers pkg as it gives you 12v in the console area, and yes you need mobile phone prep, other then that good straight spec.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Marc
]I don't like the ventilated seats as I had them in a Cab before and they work poorly, heated are good, I would also loose the 18 way seats the 4 way are fine and the 18 way are very heavy. Good call on the smokers pkg as it gives you 12v in the console area, and yes you need mobile phone prep, other then that good straight spec.
Thanks. -- When you say poorly, do mean temp wise or air distribution?

I was choosing the 18way because of my body and it's slow continual aging deterioration might like the adjustability down the road. Also, I thought I could use one of the memory settings to put the seat all the way back to make exit/entry easier.

Last edited by Badknees; 01-20-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Seems to me like you need to get yourself a Bentley since you expect to age significantly over the 4-6 years that you will own the TTS!

Quick Reply: Need a little advice on options