Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Do I do this trade??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Do I do this trade??

Hi All -

Been really loving my 2011 997 turbo s cab. Its becoming my 'daily' as my commute is about 20 highway miles a day now.

Took my turbo s in for service this weekend and dealer had a 50th 991 available. What a fantastic car.

Never would I have thought about buying a C2-type car, but I am a fan of the look, feel sound and styling of the 50th.

The Turbo S was my 'dream' car and I still love it every say. I have owned it for three years and always love 'new' things - who doesn't.

What do you think? Do I do the trade? Or do I hold out another year or two and see what else Porsche has up its sleeves?

Thanks for your views!

Best -

ASG

Old 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
What does the turbo s look like? Post a couple pics

Old 11-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I wouldn't do it as long as you like to use the performance of your car! If you do so the 991 might be deceiving for you since it's not as fast. If you're more into driving feeling, styling, exclusivity and might keep the car forever like for a collection, well then the 991 might be a good choice

Old 11-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
What does the turbo s look like? Post a couple pics
Name:  9E013ED5-D4D4-4CE1-B19E-B40005368544-8056-000004125ADAFD04_zps151f5291.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  190.3 KB

Name:  d8b00d7f-5dac-4b13-b9c1-bad6be0509a2_zps4dcfe162.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  193.7 KB

There are the only ones I could find on my phone that were recent. From end of summer.....

Thanks -

asg

(edit - removed one pic)

Last edited by asg612; 11-18-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Well, it looks awesome! Most Turbo S's that are painted black have black interior, too, which I think is a little boring. But your combo is very classy. I'd keep the car!

Old 11-18-2013, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
It will feel like you are towing a pallet of bricks compared to your TTS, if you like that kind of feeling

When I had my well modified C2S, drove my buddies TTS cab, and got back into my car. I had that pallet of bricks feeling. Huge difference in performance.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
LOL - I do know what you mean - but, the sound of the 50th is like pure music. I dont think its possible to get as deep and throaty a sound with all those fans blowing....

Putting performance aside - meaning - there are no roads to drive 2.7 seconds 0-60 - all the roads are nicely paved twisties which you will travel 10-20 miles a day on - posted speed limits are no greater than 45mph.

Originally, I was not even considering parting with the convertible - but, after seeing the new glass-roof option on the 991 - its just plain perfect.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you rather like the 50th. Drive it again, it's really up to you and how you feel about it I don't think anyone can make that decision for you

Old 11-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
That car is stunning, no way I would do the trade

Old 11-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
It almost sounds like you've made up your mind already. If it were me, I would go for it, or your always going to be wondering down the road. As Josh mentioned, drive it again Good luck and keep us posted on what you end up doing.

Quick Reply: Do I do this trade??