Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Check Engine Light x 2

Old 11-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Check Engine Light x 2

Well my 12' 997 Turbo S has been flawless since I purchased it. All of a sudden I have had my Check Engine Light come on 2 times in the last two weeks. Brought it in the first time. They changed out two sensors. Coolant sensor and gas pressure sensor or something to do monitoring the pressure in the gas tank. Ok great, bring the car home. About 15 minute later I go out to get the mail and notice a puddle of coolant coming out of the rear end right side of engine. Call up the dealer and have the car flat bedded back to the dealer and it stayed over the weekend. Grrrr!!!. They said the O ring did not seat properly. Changed out the O ring on the sensor. Had it for a week and last Friday the Check Engine light comes on again. Took back this morning. Not happy. Told them I don't care how long it takes but someone has to get this nail down. I have never had a Check Engine light go off in all my days of driving.

So how about you guys. Any Check Engine lights and what was the cause? TIA for any prior history.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Check engine light has been on I'm my civic for a year lol

In all seriousness, they should be able to tell you right away what caused the light. I wouldn't think you would have to wait for that answer from them. Keep us updated

Old 11-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Well my 12' 997 Turbo S has been flawless since I purchased it. All of a sudden I have had my Check Engine Light come on 2 times in the last two weeks. Brought it in the first time. They changed out two sensors. Coolant sensor and gas pressure sensor or something to do monitoring the pressure in the gas tank. Ok great, bring the car home. About 15 minute later I go out to get the mail and notice a puddle of coolant coming out of the rear end right side of engine. Call up the dealer and have the car flat bedded back to the dealer and it stayed over the weekend. Grrrr!!!. They said the O ring did not seat properly. Changed out the O ring on the sensor. Had it for a week and last Friday the Check Engine light comes on again. Took back this morning. Not happy. Told them I don't care how long it takes but someone has to get this nail down. I have never had a Check Engine light go off in all my days of driving.

So how about you guys. Any Check Engine lights and what was the cause? TIA for any prior history.
Its a CAT issue I had this happen to me 2x on my 12 TTS. Change the CAT sensors.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
I'm cracking up itt.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
It's a car man, I don't care if it coated 12000 dollars or 150k dollars. It will eventually have problems.....good that they helped you out and owned up to messing things up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using teamspeed

Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
It's a car man, I don't care if it coated 12000 dollars or 150k dollars. It will eventually have problems.....good that they helped you out and owned up to messing things up.

It's under warranty so helping me out is there obligation. I will bring up the CAT issue. Thanks.

I told them I have an aftermarket B&M air filter which unlike K&N does not use oil in their filters. But they are trying to say that that might be the problem. NOT. Also the said the car's temp had erratic swings in a very short time frame according to the computer tester. It's not an easy fix and 100s of things can lead to the Check Engine light coming on by my guess. In the meantime they gave me a new 2014 Cayenne with 300 miles on the odometer to appease me. That they didn't have to do that. Nice ride by the way for an SUV.

Old 11-19-2013, 04:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure they are just as frustrated as you are, no one wants and angry customer in the shop.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06

I agree with that for sure. He'll a Lamborghini catches fire 1 out of every 10 cars lol

Old 11-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jbtex is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
It's under warranty so helping me out is there obligation. I will bring up the CAT issue. Thanks.

I told them I have an aftermarket B&M air filter which unlike K&N does not use oil in their filters. But they are trying to say that that might be the problem. NOT. Also the said the car's temp had erratic swings in a very short time frame according to the computer tester. It's not an easy fix and 100s of things can lead to the Check Engine light coming on by my guess. In the meantime they gave me a new 2014 Cayenne with 300 miles on the odometer to appease me. That they didn't have to do that. Nice ride by the way for an SUV.
What's a B&M air filter?

Old 11-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jbtex is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jbtex
What's a B&M air filter?
If you meant BMC (the red fabric filters), they are oiled like the K&N. If so, I'd replace with OEM to try and eliminate any excuse by the dealer that your oiled filter caused the problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Check Engine Light x 2