Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Barrister's Beast - A Teamspeed Exclusive!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:52 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Barrister's Beast - A Teamspeed Exclusive!

A little backround from member Barrister on his project Porsche997 TT:

"Here is some background on the project. I purchased my 997TT at Newport Beach Porsche in November of 2007. The car was purchased stock except for Techart Formula GTS wheels, Techart steering wheel and Techart aluminum foot pedals. After an April car run with Elliot Lim and his gang I realized that the car could be much more than it was. I immediately started looking for the best tuner in the Orange County area. I was introduced to BBI Autosport in Huntington Beach (bbiautosport.com) by a close personal friend and former Brabus salesman who helped me with my SLK55. He introduced me to Betim Berisha – the head mechanic and shop principal at BBI – and his crew. I was impressed with their ideas and the fact that they custom build all of their parts. After some further investigation of alternate shops, I decided to have BBI modify the car. In the end, they completed the following work: custom stainless steel exhaust with 200-cell metal cats powder-coated black with BBI tips, dynamic ECU custom programmed by Powerchip and fine tuned by BBI, underdrive pulley system, IPD Plenum, HRE Monoblock P43 textured black wheels in 20” with BBI center caps, custom painted Y-pipe and airbox.

We ran both a baseline Dyno and a Dyno post-modification. The tests showed that the car is putting down 430hp and 455tq in non-sport mode running on 91 octane pump gas. The sport mode Dyno report somehow became corrupted on my computer. I will request a copy of the file and send it to you as an update as soon as I get it. It showed the car putting down 465hp and 485tq in sport mode. Our peak hp increase in non-sport mode was 60hp over stock and came at around 3500 RPM. Please see the attached Dyno report for details. The car is very strong and pulls hard throughout the entire power band. It also has a mean exhaust note now. But it runs a good 20hp stronger on 100 octane gas. We plan to re-Dyno the car with 100 octane soon.

Overall, I was very pleased with BBI. They took good care of my car while it was in their shop –for nearly 4 weeks. They were very meticulous and made sure the job was done right. I believe that the work they did on my car is the most extensive street tune they have done to date – they have modified mostly race cars up until now - and one of the first Turbos they have worked on under the BBI name. So they were giving it their best. It took a while, but it was worth it. I have had the car back for about 3 weeks and have had no issues. I would recommend BBI to anyone seeking custom mods for their Porsche."

Now for the Vid Clips and Pictures!
Teamspeed.com Presents Barrister's Porsche 997 TT on Vimeo

Teamspeed.com presents Barrister's Porsche 997 Turbo (Dyno Pull) on Vimeo

Teamspeed.com presents Barrister's 997 TT on Vimeo

Teamspeed.com presents Barrister's 997 TT on Vimeo

Teamspeed.com presents Barrister's Porsche 997 Turbo on Vimeo

Old 06-25-2008, 01:54 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Now for the pics!

Attached Images           
Old 06-25-2008, 01:56 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Build Process and final picture safe at home!

Attached Images         
Old 06-25-2008, 02:00 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Barrister I love what you've done to it, check your pm on the other forum on my suggestions to improve the exterior. Enjoy your red turbo, one of the nicest examples out there.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
pixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished road
slam that beast! wow congrats , i absolutely love the craftmanship behind the products especially the exhaust !

Old 06-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks DJ for making this a TeamSpeed feature! I wish I had shut my dirty garage in that final pic! It's all about the car though, right.

I am very happy with the car. It runs very strong and has been problem free. The guys at BBI Autosport were great and really did a sweet job. Big thanks go out to Betim, Joey, Jared and Matt for getting the job done right!

If anyone is in the OC and you want to see the car in person, drop me a PM and we can work something out. I always love to meet TeamSpeed members in person.

Here are my two favorite pics of the car:

And one more video:

http://vimeo.com/1232754

Take care!

Last edited by Barrister; 06-25-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
ALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond repute
Very Nice Dana! I see that you like RED
The attention to detail is very nice from BBI. Enjoy in good health!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
excellent work. what happened to the formulas? the new wheels look good, but i love the techarts.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Dayum! Now THAT'S doing it right!! Nice, very nice!!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
excellent work. what happened to the formulas? the new wheels look good, but i love the techarts.
I liked the look of the Techarts as well. But they were boat anchors in terms of weight. The HRE P43s bought me roughly 30lbs of unsprung weight. You can really feel it in the front end handling.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-25-2008 at 03:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Barrister's Beast - A Teamspeed Exclusive!