Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Switzer E911 997tt Coming Soon

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Yumaverick is an unknown quantity at this point
Switzer E911 997tt Coming Soon

After 18 months of reading tons of threads and talking to lots of Forum members and different After market companies/Tuners, I finally decided on a tuner for my car: Switzer! I'm very comfortable with them. I've heard nothing but good about them from others. Even from other members that have other companies products have said that nobody touches the quality and craftsmanship of Switzer. Tym spent literally an hour on the phone with me answering all my questions. JR was awesome to work with so far and has given me the best customer service I have ever received in the auto industry, this guy knows how to do business. I also owe a big thanks to Scott (Diveextreme), this wouldn't have happened without him and his great relationship with Switzer. Thanks Bro! Now on to the build.

• Switzer Flex-Fuel E911 Package for 997 Turbo
- SPI full exhaust
- SPI header package
- SPI upgrade GT30R turbochargers
- Syvecs S8 Standalone ECU
- SPI Flex Fuel Kit
- SPI monster intercoolers
- SPI I/C plumbing kit for monster intercoolers w/billet BOV's
- SPI custom high flow intake plumbing
- High-flow mini-filters
- Iridium performance spark plugs
- High-flow injectors
- E85-spec Fuel system upgrade
- Switzer Carbon Clutch System

Suspension: Currently HR Sport Springs (Still deciding on what to go with if I change)

Aero: I have the Techart Side Skirts and Front Lip, but still new in the box and will not go to paint until I get the car back from Switzer. Still deciding on which wing to go with.

I will mainly be running E85 as I have it local to me. It will be flex fuel though so when I travel to half-mile airstrip events in California I can fill up with 91 at the stations that don't offer E85, then when I get there dump some of my own E85 I brought and I'll be good to go(ECU will automatically adjust). Since this build will run off a standalone system it will be similar to Sledgehammer, but with a more state of the art ECU. Syvecs was just used on Sheps GTR who broke the 1/4 mile record for GTR's. He went from an 8.9 to a 8.6 only changing the ECU to Syvecs. There's a lot of amazing features this ECU offers. The car will have 8 maps, Launch control feature, it can build boost with the touch of a button while rolling, there are a lot of other features as well. Switzer is the Syvecs dealer for North America.

Switzer is giving me a 2 year/24k mile warranty as well with the build. Just goes to show you how confident they are in their tuning and products.
The car is scheduled to be picked up and transported to Switzer in 2 weeks. I will keep everyone posted as I get updates from the guys @Switzer, plus I'm sure Neil Switzer will chime in to update everyone. Can't wait!!

Old 07-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
There also is an on going thread on 6speed where I post as well. I will add the link so you know where the build is currently at:

Switzer E911 997TT Coming Soon - 6speedonline.com Forums

Old 07-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
They had an E85 project with a Guards Red 997.1 tip a little while back. I'm not sure that was ever finished. Any idea what happened with that?

Old 07-25-2013, 10:24 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Neil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant future
The Guards Red Tip E911 build did not have adequate engine management solutions available to run the vehicle to the level at which we demanded. We removed the previous setup, installed the Syvecs S8 ECU with a pre-production S911 Syvecs harness and within a few minutes the idle was instantly perfected, driveability was improved ten-fold, and the car continued to make great power. The owner decided to jump into a proven setup on another platform (Ultimate Street Edition GTR) to go have some fun until the Porsche systems were sorted out.

We are doing some fine tuning to the torque converter setups on that car and hope to have it out to the track to gather some times with it. It is a very fun car! Made nearly 800whp through the tiptronic.

Thanks for posting over here Anthony, we look forward to delivering your beast very soon. I'll be sure to get some nice shots of the build before it's all wrapped up so you guys can see the hardware that is usually hidden away.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by bonehead
They had an E85 project with a Guards Red 997.1 tip a little while back. I'm not sure that was ever finished. Any idea what happened with that?
Ed,

Yeah like Neil said Ryan didnt want to wait any longer so he switched to the GTR. Are you going to make it out to shift sector with your new beast?

Old 07-27-2013, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
The Guards Red Tip E911 build did not have adequate engine management solutions available to run the vehicle to the level at which we demanded. We removed the previous setup, installed the Syvecs S8 ECU with a pre-production S911 Syvecs harness and within a few minutes the idle was instantly perfected, driveability was improved ten-fold, and the car continued to make great power. The owner decided to jump into a proven setup on another platform (Ultimate Street Edition GTR) to go have some fun until the Porsche systems were sorted out.

We are doing some fine tuning to the torque converter setups on that car and hope to have it out to the track to gather some times with it. It is a very fun car! Made nearly 800whp through the tiptronic.

Thanks for posting over here Anthony, we look forward to delivering your beast very soon. I'll be sure to get some nice shots of the build before it's all wrapped up so you guys can see the hardware that is usually hidden away.

Awesome, looking forward to the shots. I can't wait to get out there and meet you guys and check out the shop!

Old 07-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Here are some Pics that Switzer sent me on Monday:

Attached Images   
Old 07-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
First day the car is at Switzer and they're already on it!

Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yumaverick
Ed,

Yeah like Neil said Ryan didnt want to wait any longer so he switched to the GTR. Are you going to make it out to shift sector with your new beast?
Anthony
Ryan's a buddy of mine. I knew he got the GT-R and then sold it a few months later. I just didn't know what ended up happening with the Turbo tip project.
And yes, I am planning on going out to Coalinga with the GT. I'll be essentially stock (may have an exhaust by then, but no real power mods), so I'll be the slowest one there. Haha. Look forward to seeing you, man.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:01 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by bonehead
Anthony
Ryan's a buddy of mine. I knew he got the GT-R and then sold it a few months later. I just didn't know what ended up happening with the Turbo tip project.
And yes, I am planning on going out to Coalinga with the GT. I'll be essentially stock (may have an exhaust by then, but no real power mods), so I'll be the slowest one there. Haha. Look forward to seeing you, man.
You can actually see the Ryan's old turbo in the pic I loaded (well half of it anyway lol).

Ok awesome, looking forward to meeting you. Haha you will be fine, that Ford GT is a beast.