Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2009 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabrio facelift

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Thank you, my brother... Speaking of which, when do you plan on taking delivery of yours, Dave? I am gunning for April/May 2009 so I can skip the next winter (and I already have the full winter setup for my RS4).
Probably about the same timing for me or a little longer. My build spot is November plus the 3-6 month extra for paint to sample. So hopefully in the Spring! I'll definitely have one more winter on the C4S.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
AHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond repute
correct!!! model year 2010 will get changes the only changes for 09 is the nav system and blue tooth

Old 06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great Info Artie, big help

Old 06-26-2008, 09:56 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I'm supposed to get a report from Spain on Sat when this is all released to the dealers. Will post as soon as I have it.

PDK is not ready for prime time - the word is it can't take the torque of the turbo (yet) but I'm sure they are hard at work on that one. Though I'm a stick guy, I understand the demand will be quite high for PDK on the TT.

Big questions are whether they stay with a GT1 block or go to the M97, and any other minor changes. Hope to have full report by Sunday.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Teamspeed Surgeon
TT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud of
You can bet they are going with the cheaper, improved/unproved 9A1 version of the 3.8m97 in the new tt. They can't put DFI on the gt1.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Member
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Oh it's gonna happen, the GT1 turbo block will be a thing of the past. I'm hanging on to mine for a long, long time.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
AHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond reputeAHoffmann has a reputation beyond repute
yeh the nav. and touch screen will be available

Old 06-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
chinchillables is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Driver007
Following this month’s reveal of the new facelifted 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera and Carrera S models comes latest spy shots of the updated Turbo Cabrio model due at the end of the year. It will be hard to spot the difference between the new and the old as the spy images reveal because most of the planned changes will be taking place under the sheet-metal.

The facelifted 911 Turbo range is expected to get an extra 20hp (15kW). Power levels will likely fall close to the 500hp (373kW) mark, which combined with the quick-shifting Doppel Kupplung (dual clutch) gearbox should ensure quicker acceleration and track times. Visually, the car is being enhanced with larger front air intakes and new fog-lights in the front bumper, giving a more aggressive look. At the rear are a new set of LED taillights and a new diffuser similar to that on the new GT3.
I like the way they did the vent like look on the back fenders, looks tight.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by InTheAir
I hope they don't put in that reflector strip across the back.
+1

I know that from the pics of the C4/S it really looks horrible!!! Maybe in real life its better. I'd just rather not have it.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
I just hate that wing. I wish they would do something more subtle like the RT12. I'm kinda suprised that you don't see more modded cars with the RT12 wing like on Rami's TurboR.

Do the side air ducts look larger as well or am I imagining that? They are still way uglier than on the 996TT.