Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2012 Motor Trends fastest 0-60mph

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Lowell is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by falb

Of course the 2WD McLaren being 2 tenths off is a bit freakish.
That's what I'm sayin' lol. 2wd and under 3 seconds to 60 is pretty wicked.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
How much lower can they go, unless they become a dragster

Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
To get better 0-60 cars are going to have to get lighter!

I think we need to see a weight loss race instead of a HP race. Some real gains could come from that. What's the last 911 to weigh less than 3000 lbs?, or better yet less than 2500!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
I think the biggest challenge to making these 0-60 in 2.7 cars even faster is making their transmissions and gear ratios better. It's all about the gearing at some point and these supercars are at that point.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Decided that I can't wait forever for the 991 Turbo so my son and I are flying out to AZ tomorrow morning and picking up a 2012 Turbo S at Scottsdale Ferrari with 2900 miles on the dial. Basalt Black Metallic on Black Coupe. Stay a few days at the Resort at Pelican Hill and drive up the coast on Sunday. PICs will follow. Great way to end the Christmas vacation with my 12 year old.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
oh this is the car… I'll take real PICs from the trip as we wonder back to Nor Cal.

Last edited by smokinghot4cars; 03-05-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Nice pick up mate. Enjoy it in good health

Old 01-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
smokinghot4cars That's a great pick up !! That thing is going to be a beast I would also consider some Clear Euro Side Markers on that Basalt Black. Enjoy and let us know how the drive goes.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
In all honestly there are a few surprises in there. I am however not surprised that the Turbo S came in 1st

Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Fester is an unknown quantity at this point
Impressive numbers!

991 4S as tested by car and driver and others has clocked 0-60mph time of 3.5sec!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 / 4S First Drive – Review – Car and Driver

Quick Reply: 2012 Motor Trends fastest 0-60mph