Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Azurro California or Anniversary?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
No, it _IS_ one and the same. Azzuro California blue _IS_ the anniversary color.
Jason: I think have the answer to this mystery. The Club Coupe was the anniversary car. That car had a special shade of Azurro Blue. And I believe that special shade is officially called "Anniversary". Here's a few pics of a couple Club Coupes and these pics appear to be the same color as the in the OP's pics, just in different lighting and at a better resolution and contrast. I bet if you boosted the contrast and saturation on the OP's pic it would look very much like the last CC pic I posted. I'm guessing the OP's pic is from a cell phone.

Club Coupe:

From the OP:

For more information see: http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/911_club_coupe.asp

"The 911 Club Coupe’s most visual exterior feature is its distinguishing Azurro California color. This paint color is a modern interpretation of azure blue, a color made popular on Porsche 356 sports cars when the PCA was founded 50 years ago. The rear portion of the standard center console is also painted in Azurro California. As an option, the backs of the sport seats can be painted in this striking metallic blue color, as well."

I think this site was wrong in calling it Azurro. Technically, it's Anniversary. But you get the idea. They came up with a whole new color for the Club Coupe that is more blue and less silver than Azurro.

Last edited by U-Boat Commander; 01-31-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Well done gentlemen!! This is all "Eye Candy" to me because I have blue eyes...

Old 01-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
You are da man for checking into this. One of these days, I'm going to do a thread on Porsche blues. There are so many blues in addition to the ones I posted above. Must be at least a dozen of them. It would be cool if someone could do a thread for each Porsche color.
You are welcome. Thanks for all the pics of the blues.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
N2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond reputeN2it has a reputation beyond repute
Estoril Blue Metallic-WOW. This one I would love to se in person!

Old 01-31-2008, 12:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Might as well get the rest of the blues in this thread.

Lapis

Midnight (the U-Boat)

Mexico

Cobalt

Last edited by U-Boat Commander; 01-31-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
U Boat, thanks for clearing that up. I think I had confused Merdian grey with Zenith Blue. And also thanks for helping clear up the confusion regarding Azzuro and Anniversary blue. The funny thing is that a local PCA member has the anniversary 997 coupe and he called it Azzuro blue when I saw it.

And that reminds me, there was one more beautiful shade of blue that was built to order. I saw it when I was at the Nurburgring last year. Absolutely STUNNING in person.

Wakeboard blue

Is this Adriatic blue?

Old 01-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I always thought your cab was Lapis Steve!

Old 01-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by atomic80
The funny thing is that a local PCA member has the anniversary 997 coupe and he called it Azzuro blue when I saw it.
I think that's because it's just a special shade of Azurro, the magazines call it Azurro and Porsche may have even referred to it as Azurro in marketing materials.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
BTW, that 968 does look like it's Adriatic, but it's difficult to be sure. Here's another pic of Seinfeild's Adriatic GT2:

Old 01-31-2008, 01:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
BTW, somebody should probably change the name of this thread to the "Blue Porsche Thread" or something similar. As I said earlier, it would be really cool if we could have a bunch of different threads dedicated to different Porsche colors (e.g., red, yellow, silver, black, etc.).

Quick Reply: Azurro California or Anniversary?