Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Got the 997.2 TT

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
ah HA! sneaky bastard!

Congrat's mang!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
All -

Just last week I picked up my 2010 997.2 TT from Hendrick Porsche in Charlotte, NC. Drove my 2011 E90 M3 down from Pittsburgh and drove the 997 back home same day - a beautiful drive.

Here are some specs:
* arctic silver metallic
* sea blue interior (much darker than expected, close to black in color)
* PDK
* sport chrono
* adaptive sport seats
* UAI (I had that added before I arrived)
* 1/3 front hood and fenders clear bra (same as above)

After having owned both a 997.1 TT (modded to about 650 hp) and a 997.2 GT3, this 997.2 TT is my favorite as a DD. It feels much faster than my modded 997.1 (and probably is very close).

Some of the suspension numbness I felt in the 997.1 is gone. But that advance is replaced by a major disappointment in engine note. The DFI TT engine is just so darn quiet. I'm not referring here to the exhaust note, rather, the engine itself. This is a known issue but not having driving the 997.2 TT before pickup I didn't realize how drastic this actually was.

For me the PDK is awesome. Tremendous off the line performance. I find myself letting the PDK do the work versus "manually" shifting.

Other than that I'm very happy to be back in the TT. I'll DD this thing for a while and see where I go next in perhaps a year or so.

Pics...

Great pickup, I just made a comment in your exhaust thread. and yes if you use sport or sport + and turn the PASM to normal as sport is just jaring on the street the car shifts amazingly fast, even with the paddles first gear runs away before you can change gears, sport shifts earlier whereas sport + will hold the gear if you havent had a PDK car before.

GL

marc